Status
Please reply by conversation.

cal87

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Cutting Edge
Aug 3, 2005
Tracy, CA
I started this discussion on another thread.
I was recently scheduled through D* to get the AT-9 installed. The local installer would not do the install. He said they can only mount on wood or do pole mounts. I have stucco and concrete tile roof, which he states they were not allowed to install on. They can only do the overhang, where my 3 LNB is currently installed, but will not support the new heavier dish. Pole mount is not an option in my location due to other buildings.
I called D* customer retention, who did not understand why this installer would not use other options, but they offered me up to $250 credit to buy my own dish and find my own installer. Well, I have found an installer, but do not know where to purchase a dish. D* says they have no other way to get me the dish. I have tried Best Buy, who don't have it.
Anyone know where I can purchase one, or how much it would cost?

If you are in Los Angeles.. They go for $75.00 no shipping..
need the info, PM and I will tell you where.

I found one on ebay for $70 with shipping. I just hope the installer knows what he's doing.

The dish is already on the way, but I am not overly confident of the installer. He said he'd "figure something out". Does anyone know a good stucco/concrete tile roof/chimney mount solution?

cal87 said:
The dish is already on the way, but I am not overly confident of the installer. He said he'd "figure something out". Does anyone know a good stucco/concrete tile roof/chimney mount solution?

yeah,

lag shields

Doctor Bob said:
What City and State are you in??? We will find you a Quality Installation Tech, and trust me he won't put in Lag Shields in your Tile Roof!!! RONTGLMAO....

I live in Tracy, CA. I found what appears to be a good mount at www.versatilemount.com
Still, I would rather not install it myself if I can find a good installer. I have installed my own dishes in the past, but don't feel like climbing on the roof with this big dish.

aka lag bolts or lag screws. But not in a tile roof. You can use 'em on a masonry chimney.

If your installer gives you a deer-in-the-headlights look when you mention lag bolts, find somebody else to install the dish.

Lag shields would be your best best. Make sure the guy has all five satellites found. Alot of service calls will be needed when they turn on the new satellites, Most techs are pointing the AT-9 as a triple sat and not worrying about the new sats. Watch him as he goes thru the menu, and when he gets it aimed also. You are making sure he chooses 5 lnb dish, and no errors should be found after download is complete. Make sure or you willl just be paying him again to re-align in 6 months.

SATMAN IN MEMPHIS said:
Lag shields would be your best best. Make sure the guy has all five satellites found. Alot of service calls will be needed when they turn on the new satellites, Most techs are pointing the AT-9 as a triple sat and not worrying about the new sats. Watch him as he goes thru the menu, and when he gets it aimed also. You are making sure he chooses 5 lnb dish, and no errors should be found after download is complete. Make sure or you willl just be paying him again to re-align in 6 months.

he is GOING to get an error message, the 99 sat isnt broadcasting anything.

arxaw said:
aka lag bolts or lag screws. But not in a tile roof. You can use 'em on a masonry chimney.

If your installer gives you a deer-in-the-headlights look when you mention lag bolts, find somebody else to install the dish.

an MSP or HSP tech is forbidden to drill into a chimney. the only chimney mounts allowed are straps, and they are not part of the standard install.

SATMAN IN MEMPHIS said:
are you able to locate the 2 new sats ? i was told by a certified tech that you cant tune in the new sats yet, i wanted to argue but i wasnt 100% sure lol let us all know thanks

SATMAN IN MEMPHIS said:
You are making sure he chooses 5 lnb dish, and no errors should be found after download is complete. Make sure or you willl just be paying him again to re-align in 6 months.

Hmm I can tell you haven't installed one. SAT 99 is a no show and 103 network 15.

RONTGLMAO....

There must be several people who have not installed these AT9's yet!!!

Bob is right, and the Tech in your area has already left you a message, so that he can get that Dish installed correctly...

We solved another complex issue... LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts