Where can I find a good installer?

EAmin

Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I'm a new Dish customer. We had a Dish installer come out who wanted to run wiring outside the house - I would like to run them through the attic and through the walls.

Also, the house was built in 1979. He said the cable to each of our rooms is old and will provide a weak signal, and needs to be replaced.

I'm not sure what he is saying is true, but I would like to get a second opinion, and I would like to get a quote on running wires in the walls.

Are their any sites that list custom dish installers, where customers have posted reviews, recommendations?

Thanks

wait for the dish hopper to come out. it sounds like the cables running through your house is rg-59. yes, it is an older cable and this receiver can use that cable.

The other boxes cannot use this cable so if you can just wait 1 more month (crosses fingers).

Regarding an attic run it depends how big it is and yada yada. but its possible to run the cables up there.

Usually, you have to do it yourself or hire an electrician or someone else to run the cabling inside. The installer will then connect to that inside wiring at the junction point. Otherwise, they do the quick and dirty outside runs and drill through the exterior walls. Local retailers are more likely to give you a quote for pulling inside runs. It isn't cheap. The new Hopper-Joey system reduces wiring requirements so you might want to wait a month for that.

There really is no standard cost for wall fishes and attic crawls. I agree with Laddy, find a local retailer, they will be able to give you a quote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts