Where can one get a cheap stero preamp ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
I am using cyberhome to decode AC3 dobly.

The volume leaves quite a bit to desired.

Does anyone know where one can get a very cheap stereo preamp to plug into it?

I agree about the output level. This is basically because the unit was made for headphones and not for line level use. Radio Shack, at one time, carried preamps. Not sure if they still do... You might also want to try pro audio/music shops that cater to bands and musicians, such as Guitar Center. They probably carry something that would fit the bill.

Radio Shack, at one time, carried preamps. Not sure if they still do...

the still do but they had a small amplifier that you could hook speakers up to. Had one a long time ago. Too bad they dont sell that one anymore

You can get plenty of sound level out of the cyberhome AC3 decoder without buying anything. Just use the "inline" amplifier. It is the black lump inline with the headphones. Cut off the headphones down line from the black lump and solder a RCA cable in its place. If interested let me know I'll look up and post the colors of the hair wire you need to connect. The headphones have 6 channels so you don't use all the wires.

Jim

Last edited:
the still do but they had a small amplifier that you could hook speakers up to. Had one a long time ago. Too bad they dont sell that one anymore

That's the device I was thinking of. Its too bad Rat Shack phased out many of their more useful items in order to stock the shelves with Wal-Mart fare...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts