Sonicview 360 Premier?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kspilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
KANSAS
Anybody have any idea how I enter the coordinates of a new satellite in the menu?
I can enter the name but not the postion (83w)
I need this for my motor to find this sat.

Anybody have any idea how I enter the coordinates of a new satellite in the menu?
I can enter the name but not the postion (83w)
I need this for my motor to find this sat.

I don't have that receiver but sometimes that information needs to go into the USALS or Diseq motor setup menu.

BEWARE OF SONICVEIW 360 PREMIER

Mine has been acting up the last 2 days,EVERY time you try to change a channel, the box will lock up and says"update new SW"..I updated it with Sonicveiws newest software,shut of the power rebooted..same thing..I did a Google search and found HUNDREDS of people with the same problem but no fixes.
I sent Sonicview tech support 3 emails about this and heard nothing,to my knowledge there is NO fix.
I am dead in the water and might have to buy a different brand reciever!!!:mad:
WOW...used this one for 4 days and it's junk already!

Mine has been acting up the last 2 days,EVERY time you try to change a channel, the box will lock up and says"update new SW"..I updated it with Sonicveiws newest software,shut of the power rebooted..same thing..I did a Google search and found HUNDREDS of people with the same problem but no fixes.
I sent Sonicview tech support 3 emails about this and heard nothing,to my knowledge there is NO fix.

KSPILOT, I am using the SV-360 as a second reciever off the (Loop Out). I had the same problem as you have. I was able to overcome that issue . I did a complete factory reset. I then installed (Sonicview SV-360 Premier Factory Firmware Apr. 17, 2009. Mine has worked now for couple months. That fixed my problem. That should work for you! I also sent emails to their Tech Support without any reply from them!!!! I also tried the lastest release and same as you, I had the same issue! Good Luck. Just do not use that lastest file release. About the Satellite 83West. You have to put in that Satellite and location.

You can use any software releases prior to support for the Sonicview IHub. The problem only occurs for the software releases which include IHub support, since none of the advertized functions actually work (other than the non legal uses), there is no need to run those versions of firmware.

C/P
Media Playback

• Video: IPTV (only available on SV 8000HD)
  • Music: Playback of MP3 files over the network
  • Pictures: View Pictures over the network
Network

• Communication: Supports encrypted communication over ethernet
  • Firmware Upgrade: monitor sonicviewusa.com for firmware upgrades. Automatically install new found firmware.
  • Background Image: Change the feel of your receiver by downloading new backgrounds from sonicviewusa.com

How do I get the older firmware so that I can get my receiver to work without the message popping up on mine? I tried calling them and I just get a fax machine and if they are not responding back to emails either then I assume their 2 year warranty is not valid like what was advertised on an ebay listing where I bought the receiver.

How do I get the older firmware so that I can get my receiver to work without the message popping up on mine? I tried calling them and I just get a fax machine and if they are not responding back to emails either then I assume their 2 year warranty is not valid like what was advertised on an ebay listing where I bought the receiver.

Stargazer, Send me a private email and I will be able to send you the file in zip format. My sv-360 has been working fine for months now with that file. The date of the file I am using is April 17, 2009 bin file.
keystone7

I sent you a message. Thanks for your help. Perhaps this will help others as well with the same problem.

I got some channels on 97W and 99W. I seen on Lyngsat where there is a History and Biography channel on 101W but could not pick it up unless I am doing something wrong.

aiming

I got some channels on 97W and 99W. I seen on Lyngsat where there is a History and Biography channel on 101W but could not pick it up unless I am doing something wrong.

Might not be tracking the arc properly, if you can get 99, you should be able to get 101 with little adjustment, they're only 2 degrees apart. Unless there's a big tree in the way !

There is no tree in the way as I can get Directv's 101 signal at 97% on the same dish at the same location when I swap the eye and connect a Directv receiver up to it. I get Dish Network's 61.5 through 129 orbital slots just fine. I am using a Skyway dish to pick it up. I hope it is large enough. It seems pretty decent in size. Maybe it is not large enough to pickup the LLBN channel on 97W that has interference issues from its neighboring satellite that uses the same transponder?

How big is a Skyway dish? I never heard of them. If its a lot less than one meter or so, then it might be the culprit. Bigger dishes capture more signal.

I just measured it and it is 32 inches. No wonder why it was picking them up weak. I found me an old BYU dish someone gave me that is 36 inches and I collected several primestar dishes and have the larger oval one that is 40 inches. I think I had an old round primestar dish as well. I even kept the lnb's on them. Can I use an old 3x4 directv switch to make the H and V outputs on the lnb into one input into the receiver / diseq switch and can I run both the H and V outputs into a diseq switch to get both on the receiver?

Can I use an old 3x4 directv switch to make the H and V outputs on the lnb into one input into the receiver / diseq switch and can I run both the H and V outputs into a diseq switch to get both on the receiver?
Yes you could do that.
I'm running both outputs of a dmx522 lnbf on my 36" dish thru a 4x4 eagle aspen multiswitch for H/V output for Ku & a geosat c2 to a zinwell 4x4 on my 7.5' dish for c-band. These are selected thru diseqc switches for my fta stbs, either Ku or C band.:D

So I could attach each multi-switch to the diseq switch then? I am also wondering if I could make it to my advantage for having these H/V primestar lnb's if I could use a multi-switch connecting an H feed from one dish and a V feed from another dish into a multi-switch to the receiver? Or how about H from one lnb and V from another into a multi-switch which then gets fed into the diseq switch? What all is possible?

Yes you could do that.

I'm using a DSR922 as 4DTV & C dish mover for fta in one room & Pansat 3500 for Ku dish mover & fta in another room. Both dishes have dual out LNBFs to multiswitches out to diseqc switches for each fta receiver. I have more than one fta receiver to scan with. One output from the C dish multiswitch goes directly to the DSR922.

You could use separate Ku dishes for H & V polarities just as some here use a ortho feedhorn for H & V polarities on one C dish. Here is a some info about modding multiswitches for 18v output to both H & V ports:
Naughty Mods II: 4x8 Switch with All 18V outputs

For now I'll stick to dual lnbfs & multiswitches, but someday soon I hope to get an ortho feedhorn for c-band.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts