Where did the Wimbledon channels go?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Imp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Central New Jersey
I'm new to DirecTV, but earlier this week I was flipping through channels and I came across a bunch of different Wimbledon channels that were each showing a different match. They were also interactive channels that would allow you to see the scores of the other matches as well.

Now, I tried to look for them and they are nowhere to be found anymore. Not that I'm big into tennis, but I found these channels really cool and wanted to check them out some more.

Anyone know where they went as I went through the whole guide and didn't see anything?

Those interactive channels (usually 701-710) often are only active during the preliminary rounds. Once you get into national coverage from NBC, they tend to not be as available. I haven't looked myself, but this might be the cause.

I think you're right. Dish had them too and I checked for tomorrow (today there is no tennis) and it just says "PPV Sports" and not "Wimbledon Court" 1,2,3,etc

Those interactive channels (usually 701-710) often are only active during the preliminary rounds. Once you get into national coverage from NBC, they tend to not be as available. I haven't looked myself, but this might be the cause.

I kinda had a feeling this might have been the case. Wasn't sure though.

Thanks for the info.

Those channels only show live tennis. There is no tennis at Wimbledon on Sundays.

The Wimbledon mix only was supposed to go until the 27th. Here's a question: Why is the sports-mix channel on 2 channels right now?

Here's a question: Why is the sports-mix channel on 2 channels right now?

My guess? DirecTV's in the process of migrating the channels to 352 (News Mix) and 205 (Sports Mix). Like with truTV and Spike, they'll leave them on the old channels for a while then shut them down after most people have gotten used to their new locations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts