Anyone know anything about ESPN Gameplan 2008 in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rburtt

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Maybe it's spring football starting, but I'm jonesing for some college football. When I switched back to D* after a couple years (don't know what I was thinking by dropping them), my installer alluded to the possibility of the ESPN Gameplan coming to HD this year or next. Does anyone have any insight on this one? Most of the games are broadcast locally in HD, so you wouldn't think it would take anything to relay them out in HD, like they do with the Sunday Ticket.

Don't bet on it. Most of the college football games are still not in HD. The games showed on CBS, ABC, ESPN, and Big 10 network are all in HD, but many more that are not from other broadcast sources.

I have never felt the need to purchase the Gameplan as all the good games are televised. And, now with the Big 10 network channels on DTV, I have yet to see a reason. I usually see about one or two games per year that make me wish I had the game plan. Not worth it in my eyes. ESPN/ABC, Fox Sports, B10 Network, NBC, CBS do a fine job getting the good games up in HD...

The games showed on CBS, ABC, ESPN, and Big 10 network are all in HD, but many more that are not from other broadcast sources.
FSN shows a lot of Pac10 and Big12 games in HD in the 600's. as well as NBC who shows Irish football. I :heart FOOTBALL!

Lets hope more games are in HD. There are so many that have TERRIBLE SD picture quality, namely Sunshine Network and The Vols PPV "Video Seat." It should be called Video ToiletSeat since that's the quality of their production.

HEY RAYCOM... GO HD this FALL!!!

actually satelliteracer at dbstalk. just posted that directv is negotiating to carry some of the gameplan games this season in hd. nothing finalized yet.

There will be a lot more HD games overall this football season. That's one thing that DirectTV does right. Sports in HD increase every year...

This would be GREAT!!!!! Its possible this year I guess. Alot of the channels that feed them are HD ready, so why not?

With the general success of Raycom showing the ACC Tourney in HD, along with three regular season games, I would imagine that they have their teeth cut and are ready for some more frequent/regular HD transmissions of other Raycom sporting events. Maybe a "Game of the Week" in the ACC and/or SEC each Saturay...

I don't have a source, just speculating. ;)

All the good SEC football games are on CBS during the day and ESPN during primetime...All in HD. There is no lack of SEC football in HD...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)