Program guide will not populate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
B

bally132

Jun 25, 2008
Hi, Thanks for this useful forum.
We recently upgraded to a HR-21-200 receiver and all was well for 2 weeks. We began having problems with the program guide this week. The other day we turned on the tv to find every program was To Be Announced. Resetting with the button will download the immediate program data during the startup, but nothing beyond a couple hours and nothing else populates after that. It just says Regular Schedule for every program now. Only resetting the box will get new program data and it always dries up after a couple hours.

Directv sent out an installer to help identify the problem and he suggested that the dish was not stable enough and should be mounted on the roof (right now it's on our antenna tower). So, a slightly unstable dish can receive an hd stream but not the guide data? :confused: Makes no sense. Anyway, the wife vetoed the roof mount. So I'm looking for other possible causes of this problem.

KE4EST

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!

I have not seen that issue, with that receiver maybe someone else has.
Also yes, the installer was wrong.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
How are your signal strengths on 101 & 119 satellites? The guide comes from both.

B

bally132

Jun 25, 2008
On Sat 101 signal is good on all transponders but 18, which is zero.
On Sat 119 signal is good on all transponders but 23, which is zero, 25 which says forty and 29 which says zero.

D

Depep

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 14, 2007
Tune your receiver on a SD channel, for example channel 3 SD and live it on for a couple of hours and see if it startst po pick up the guide.

B

bally132

Jun 25, 2008
I've been trying different tricks for several days and nothing works.

The installer came today and was supposed to bring a new box, but her boss, in his infinite wisdom, wouldn't let her bring one. So when she got here and couldn't fix it, she said she would come back this evening with a replacement receiver. Hope that fixes it.

jdspencer

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
On Sat 101 signal is good on all transponders but 18, which is zero.
On Sat 119 signal is good on all transponders but 23, which is zero, 25 which says forty and 29 which says zero.
Those TPs you listed are spot beams. So, its okay for them to be 0 or have low values, unless one of them is for your locals.

B

bally132

Jun 25, 2008
I got a new receiver today and the program guide issue is resolved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.