Where do recovery kits go if you've "moved"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I've "moved" a few counties over to get Atlanta locals because I can pick up my own (Birmingham) with my AM21. I am about to need to send a receiver back, where do they send the recovery kits? Do they send them to the service address or the billing address?

Are you sure on that, Chip? I have always heard that equipment issues like that are sent to the service address because that's where the equipment is supposed to be.

Are you sure on that, Chip? I have always heard that equipment issues like that are sent to the service address because that's where the equipment is supposed to be.

Thats what I'm thinking.

Joe, I would mention to them when you call in to have the recvrs that you need the boxes sent to the Billing address as no one will be there at the other address to get them at the other address.
Ask them to tell you where they are sending them after you mention it to them, just to be sure they understand you.

Yup, you are right, I got it backwards. Brain lock!

Mine have gone to the service address - even when I requested they go to my billing, or in one case even when I requested it go to a 3rd address (work).

So Joe,
Looks like it could go anywhere, which gives you all the more incentive to ask afterwards where they are sending it !

Last edited:
I've always made a point to request they go to billing and have made them read it back to me after the order has been placed.

Had one issue with dish. Never had one with directv

I've always had them send it to my billing...one time it went to the physical but the other 3 times it's come to the billing address

As noted above make sure they verify the address

If one purchased from a dealer a HR44 in June and was told that a kit would be sent for the HR34 that was deactivated and it has yet to arrive and one has not been billed for the HR34 should one assume that he now owns the HR34?

No. You should contact Directv and ask for the recovery kit again. Keep an eye on your account to be sure they don't charge you for the HR34.

If one purchased from a dealer a HR44 in June and was told that a kit would be sent for the HR34 that was deactivated and it has yet to arrive and one has not been billed for the HR34 should one assume that he now owns the HR34?

You just gave the perfect example of why so many "owned" boxes end up on Ebay & CL. Somebody waits a month or 2 doesn't get the return kit ,so they assume that the boxes are now theirs to sell . Directv does not see it that way when somebody tries to reactivate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts