Where does the smart card go in 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bertherr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Dish sent me smart cards recently. My receivers do not have slots for the cards where the instructions indicate. My installer told me, when I upgraded to HD, that the new receivers did not use the cards like my old receivers. What do I do? Thanks, Bert

Dish sent me smart cards recently. My receivers do not have slots for the cards where the instructions indicate. My installer told me, when I upgraded to HD, that the new receivers did not use the cards like my old receivers. What do I do? Thanks, Bert

Sure it does,
You have 2 windows on your 622/722,The smart card goes in the one who have the Dishnetwork logo(on your left side)The other is for usb (Camera or ext drive)r;)

OK. I'll look again when I get home. When I opened the door on my left, when facing the front of the receiver, there was just solid plastic - no slot or port. Bert

c6944861.jpg

Thanks

You were right. I can not believe I did not see the slot the first time I looked. Thanks for the picture. Bert

Depends on how old your 722 is, if its 3 ot 4 months old then you might not get one as the on board chip has the new smartcard built in, however old then that and you should get a new card in the mail within a few weeks.

Press menu twice and on the system info screen read the number after DNASP. If its 241 you will NOT need a new card.

I got cards a few days ago for my almost 1 year old 722, and less than 3 week old 508's. The 508's were recently received replacements for my vintage 7100's.

Trust me, those 508's are more than 3 weeks old. New to you maybe but they haven't been manufacturing them for quite a while now.

Trust me, those 508's are more than 3 weeks old. New to you maybe but they haven't been manufacturing them for quite a while now.

I realize. I meant new to me. I already miss the 7100's. I'm getting random picture freezes on the 508's ever since updating the cards. Even the 722 has done it a few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts