Where have all the OPIs gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CenterFreq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I just moved my family 350 miles and after settling in, they now want their HughesNet back. But, I can't seem to find a DirecWay OPI anywhere online. Most retailers say they are out of stock, or that the OPI is "no longer available". Am I really screwed?? My modem bears the label HN7000S on the front, so I believe this OPI is the device I will need to point my Hughes atenna.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Okay, but I see this new signal finder costs as much as a tech visit (where have we heard that before?). Is it true that there is a way to point the antenna using some laptop application... without an OPI or this newer signal finder?

You can use your laptop as the pointing device, just hook it up to a wireless router and go through the same process as the opi pointing just don't choose enable opi, if you need instructions let me know. This is actually what I do whenever I have to work on a KU system. Its the quickest way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)