Where is Comcast Sports Net HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sstang7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
northwest suburbs of Chicago
Its the last day of August, where is it Directv?:mad: Comcast Chicago's website shows that they added Fox Sports Net programming including HD starting September 2. When will we see this HD programming?:mad:

According to a csr this morning, Comcast Sportsnet Chicago HD can be found on either channels 629, 640, or 656. I am not in front of my tv, can anyone confirm this? He said he found it on his channel listings.

sstang7 said:
Its the last day of August, where is it Directv?:mad: Comcast Chicago's website shows that they added Fox Sports Net programming including HD starting September 2. When will we see this HD programming?:mad:

Ummm why the question if it's not Septemer 2nd yet?

Why the question? How about the fact the it was supposed to be live prior to Sept. 1. My post stated that Comcast is adding Fox Sports Net programming, however, I still don't see the HD version of Comcast sports net on D*.

Thanks for the support Rad! It is getting increasingly frustrating for D* to continue to not deliver on dates. I want to watch my local teams in HD and there isn't any clue as to when it will happen. I would like them to deliver what they promise.

C'mon you have seen all the postings all over this site! First example, "in August we will be delivering Comcast Sports net Chicago HD 24/7" Its September 1, where the hell is it?!?!?!? Their guide for over the weekend doesn't show it. So are we now going into the first full week of September without it when they said August.....How about the HD DVR? Spring? not! I am sure if you look, and not even hard, you will find many examples of D* missing their targets.

He did, they said CSN Chicago HD would be available in August. They also originally said that The HR20 would be available in the first half of 2006. Those are two I can think of off the top of my head but D* is careful to be as vague as possible when discussing dates.

OK, removing anything regard launch delays or satellite failures out of their control and all the rumors that most take for real official announcements, I remember the MPEG4 DVR as being a summer 2006, but giving you that and the latest DMA group and RSN additions that are now ONLY 1 day past expectation on a holiday wknd. You are pointing out ONLY 2 or 3 items in a 10/11 year history?. Show us! show us the specific things you are talking about that represent a HISTORY of delays? Don't tell us to "go search" for post that say this & that. That's all I am saying is the over-exaggeration to try and make a point. I know you really want your CSN Chicago HD, or anything else as we all do, but I mean all the exaggerations are crazy.

dgordo said:
He did, they said CSN Chicago HD would be available in August. They also originally said that The HR20 would be available in the first half of 2006. Those are two I can think of off the top of my head but D* is careful to be as vague as possible when discussing dates.

For the exact reason you guys are showing here; damned if they do, damned if they don't. They do not controll everything 110% in these carriage deals & dates. You guys take things way too hard; like a kid that spills their milk or drops their ice creme cone.

charper1 said:
For the exact reason you guys are showing here; damned if they do, damned if they don't. They do not controll everything 110% in these carriage deals & dates. You guys take things way too hard; like a kid that spills their milk or drops their ice creme cone.

What is it that's causing the delay? They are the ones that announced the date, so you would think that they would have the carriage deal all worked out with Comcast before they made a public announcement commiting to something. Did someone forget to order the MPEG4 encoder for the channel or the hardware for the uplink, something under their control again.

My issue with D* lately, which was something that pi**ed me off when I had E*, was that they made a bunch of announcments about things that would be coming, some with hard dates, some with estimates. This tended to color my decision on what provider I wanted to use at the end of a commitment period. You look at what these companies are saying and you assume that they will deliver on their promises. In this specific case, since D* did make an announcement with a hard date they D* should be honest with their customers and say sorry, we messed up and we're not shooting for date X.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)