Where is Comcast Sports Net HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sstang7 said:
Its now September 6!! Where is the channel that they promised??? This is ridiculous:mad:

Right now channel 640 shows White Sox / Red Sox on the guide. I don't have Sports Pack so I couldn't confirm its actually on. But in my 10+ years as a D sub I have never known them to put anything in the guide that wasn't on. (except an odd typo)

rockaway1836 said:
Right now channel 640 shows White Sox / Red Sox on the guide. I don't have Sports Pack so I couldn't confirm its actually on. But in my 10+ years as a D sub I have never known them to put anything in the guide that wasn't on. (except an odd typo)
640 has been the SD version of Comcast Sportsnet Chicago since they started to carry the channel.

Well it looked to me like the OP was looking for that. Of course I would not expect them to be HD.

sstang7 said:
According to a csr this morning, Comcast Sportsnet Chicago HD can be found on either channels 629, 640, or 656. I am not in front of my tv, can anyone confirm this? He said he found it on his channel listings.

I understand they have the SD version, but they indicated in their July press release that the HD version would be available in August. So far its not there. Why not and when is it coming?

It won't be there if you have it. It would be on either 96, or 97 when your team is home. That's assuming you havethe AT-9 dish and an MPEG4 receiver.

rockaway1836 said:
It won't be there if you have it. It would be on either 96, or 97 when your team is home. That's assuming you havethe AT-9 dish and an MPEG4 receiver.

Comcast Sportnet Chicago HD channel is supposed to be a full time HD channel, not part time on 96 or 97 as you say. The press release said if you had the MPEG4 STB that the box would automatically remap you to the HD channel.

rad said:
Comcast Sportnet Chicago HD channel is supposed to be a full time HD channel, not part time on 96 or 97 as you say. The press release said if you had the MPEG4 STB that the box would automatically remap you to the HD channel.
Ok I see what your saying now.
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=2300004

The only experience I have with RSNs is what we have in NY. Here the Yanks are on 96 and The Mets on 97 part time. In the case of channel 97 I have 2 of them showing up on my guide. One shows the game the other says To Be Announced.
If I just hit 97 on the remote the receiver tunes to the station that has TBA.

Hey Loudo,

I e-mailed Comcast Chicago on the link you gave and they responded by saying that the tentative launch date for Comcast Sportsnet HD in Chicago is the week of September 25.

Awesome job sstang!!!

hopefully it will happen.

Especially now that Dish network has it uplinked.

sstang7 said:
Hey Loudo,

I e-mailed Comcast Chicago on the link you gave and they responded by saying that the tentative launch date for Comcast Sportsnet HD in Chicago is the week of September 25.

loudo2002 said:
Awesome job sstang!!!

hopefully it will happen.

Especially now that Dish network has it uplinked.

A post on avs said that it would be Oct 1st.

I got the same response. Here it is:

Thanks for contacting us. The tentative launch date for DIRECTV HD carrying Comcast SportsNet is targeted for the week of Sept. 25.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts