Where is "Free Preview" List?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

upnatm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
North-East Lake Superior
When XpressVu or Dishnet put on "Free Previews", why am I not able to tune in?

I am using factory file version 1.16 in my Coolsat 7000 (thank you for your condolences! lol), which doesn't provide for auto-roll from either provider.

Should I be using the latest (and obsolete) Nag2 file at least?, or am I just tuning in to the wrong channels?

I've looked, but haven't found much in the way of a forum that posts the current free preview events coming from either provider.

Can someone help steer me right?

Thanks.

Talk of Nag (anything) or any kind or hint of hacking is forbidden on these forums. Having said that..., it would be assumed that one would need the appropriate receiver already subscribed in order to see free previews like required with Shaw and Direct TV. I highly doubt you could "just tune in" like you could on ION, NASA or Angel One on 119W.

When XpressVu or Dishnet put on "Free Previews", why am I not able to tune in?

I am using factory file version 1.16 in my Coolsat 7000 (thank you for your condolences! lol), which doesn't provide for auto-roll from either provider.

Should I be using the latest (and obsolete) Nag2 file at least?, or am I just tuning in to the wrong channels?

I've looked, but haven't found much in the way of a forum that posts the current free preview events coming from either provider.

Can someone help steer me right?

Thanks.

I'm currently blindscanning 110W for ITC channels, and have 21 so far. Until the scan is done, I'm not going to know just what is on the channels. Why don't you do the same thing, at least you'd find everything up there ITC .
:)

[edit] 110W 12444 H(L) 20000 has the PPV previews on it , Also some Hellman's mayo commercials on other tp's . :)

Last edited:
I think the OP means when Dish gives free previews to their customers why we can't see them

answer is simple....the encryption is still there. All they do is change the "flags" in the Dish system to reflect who can get that channel.

Free preview doesn't mean free to air. It just means that subscribed Dish receivers can view the channel. Here is case in point. From the Dish uplink thread

617 - ZCINE [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 14 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)

From what I understand this channel might be in freeview (or just came off freeview) or changed packages. If its one of the first two options it still shows as scrambled on a FTA reciever

Enlightened.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to all about the mention of third-party stuff.

You're right, I was assuming, and hoping that the signals would come through in the same fashion as NASA or ION. The free previews are opened for subscribers only.

Thanks again.

We need a Zero Key blowout :) Encryption...Encryption we don't need no stinkin encryption :D

tvpro is right! When Ted still had a finger in his channels, he would always have them switched on for holidays (when they were analog on c-band, that is. Back in the olden times)
Guess I was lucky to grow up during the big-dish era..

tvpro is right! When Ted still had a finger in his channels, he would always have them switched on for holidays (when they were analog on c-band, that is. Back in the olden times)
Guess I was lucky to grow up during the big-dish era..

I always looked forward to the Turners being in FA on the holidays. I heard that when he was using DC2 vs PowerVu they would be FP also. Now with PowerVu nothing. I also remember all the movie channels free preview weekends for the bud back in the day. Free is a bad word to the bottom line now. Well at least we do get a break on some channels master feeds when there are problems every once in a while. :)

It was always really nice back in the days when AMC on X2 would drop the encryption. They had classic movies with no commercials and my StarChoice box would pick them up fine with only a 24" dish. I have a good collection of the classic Tarzan movies on S-VHS tape thanks to it.

No more

It was always really nice back in the days when AMC on X2 would drop the encryption. They had classic movies with no commercials and my StarChoice box would pick them up fine with only a 24" dish. I have a good collection of the classic Tarzan movies on S-VHS tape thanks to it.

Those days are gone forever and AMC is now full of commercials as well.

Reading the post brought back memories of the "big dish" craze way back when. It has been years since I aligned one of these babies. I am looking to help a bud out by aligning his dish to get some FTA but I would like to have a "skychart" that shows the sats in order from West to East OR otherwise, polorization and WITH the open channels on each satellite.
It used to be available in the skyvision magazine. Anything like that still available online. I don't have access to a skyvision mag.
thanks

Waynet are you talking about the "GRID" ? I used to use that for programming in all my sats. But back then it was analogue also, ....ok now change to channel 3 and bump it east a bit....

Used to be if you had a Dish reciever that had been subscribed, even if currently canceled, the free previews would show on it. But it has been awhile since I had a subscribed so I am not certain their recievers still do that.

WTGuy
They dont anymore...not after Dish did their new encryption. I use to have a Dish 811 that was hooked up just for the freeviews. Sadly they nuked that earlier this year :(

Moons ago

I remeber moons ago when I asked the cable company about the free previews. The tech guy said it was up or not up to them. Mostly not up to them. The provider would just turn off the encryption anybody would get it. Then a few years latter when I was takling about the pizza box companies. It was not like that. It was between company A - provider only.

If it was up to me. All receivers and equiptment would be universal. Like cell phone right? lol

TTFN,

Josh

Waynet are you talking about the "GRID" ? I used to use that for programming in all my sats. But back then it was analogue also, ....ok now change to channel 3 and bump it east a bit....
dougbrown- Yeah Yeah...thats what I'm talkin about. I am an old dog tryin to do it the old fashion way. I have a birddog but I don't know whats out there anymore. If i had there were a "grid" I could reference, at least I would know what to start shoot'n for. This buddy of mine likes to catch PBS and some other unpopular channels on different birds. He hasn't got anyone else to turn to. I am the only one in this county and in this remote part of the country that still works on the old C-band systems. So I am trying to do the guy a favor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)