Where is KBS World TV?

Jazzkevin

Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
New Mexico
Greetings everyone,

I just got my Dish Now prepaid and it's all set up and activated. One of the selling points was the fact that Dish has KBS World TV. I'm on the Classic Bronze 100 and do not see that channel on my TV screen. Did it move? Is it still on the 110/119 sat? Perhaps I'm not getting a strong signal from one of the sats. Also...I use a Dish 500. Do I need a 500+ in order to get it?

Thanks!

Kevin

Last edited:
addition...according to the DIsh site its on channel 652 which is at both 61.5 & 148

also it notes "Available at no additional cost to DISH Network customers. May require additional dish antenna to view this programming"

so you would need one of the following
-Superdish (Dish doesnt install these anymore)
-D500+ to get it on 118.7
-wing dish at either 61.5 or 148 (being in New Mexico you probably want 148)

Thank you for the reply. One more question for anyone... I have a 301 receiver. If I were to get a Dish 500+ will it work with my receiver on a prepaid account?

Before you spend any more money on hardware since I actually have prepaid dishnow I can tell you that KBS World TV channel 704/9850 is not available on dishnow at 61.5,148,118.7 or 121, not part of channel maps on dishnow receivers.

Don't know who ever told you it was, heck we dont even get to see channel 100 or 101 with dishnow.

If you have an old sub deauthorized receiver with purple card you can still get on 9850 @ 118.7 or 121 since it is in preview.

Last edited:
Before you spend any more money on hardware since I actually have prepaid dishnow I can tell you that KBS World TV channel 704/9850 is not available on dishnow at 61.5,148,118.7 or 121, not part of channel maps on dishnow receivers.

Don't know who ever told you it was, heck we dont even get to see channel 100 or 101 with dishnow.

If you have an old sub deauthorized receiver with purple card you can still get on 9850 @ 118.7 or 121 since it is in preview.
thats not true..KBS world is a public access channell ..so if u get CSPAN Pentagon Channel u will get KBS world

I see KBS on my 722 on both 9850 (118) and 704 (???). The wierd thing is that it is inaccessible, in red, as a subscription channel on 704 but I can see it on 9850.

thats not true..KBS world is a public access channell ..so if u get CSPAN Pentagon Channel u will get KBS world

Okay, do you have dishnow?

Since you are apparently telling me what is true and not true you must also have dishnow prepaid, right?

If you actually did have dishnow you would understand that required PI channels on 61.5 or 148 are removed from the channel maps once you activate a dishnow receiver. In fact until a few months ago the prepaid dishnow international packages @ 118 were not even available at that satellite location until I sent a corporate carpet email and got them to correct this in order to get channels mapped which I prepaid for. Dish removed some of the internationals from 61.5 and soon after 148 with no regard to the fact that the channel maps for prepaid 3900 and 301s were not showing the channels @ 118.7 and thus no one could tune to them.

Here's how it all works. If you insert the smartcard activated for dishnow prepaid some PI channels are hidden in channel guide regardless of what level you actually sub to. If you were to insert say an unactivated smartcard you can see the channels showing in the guide, once your receiver is turned into dishnow doorstopper mode upon activation they are removed again, when dish relocates a channel from one range to another sometimes we do not get that channel back for several months until engineering actually goes in and fixes whats hidden in the channel maps for dishnow, regardless of whether a channel is free encrypted (9850) or free in the clear (101).

Last edited:
I see KBS on my 722 on both 9850 (118) and 704 (???). The wierd thing is that it is inaccessible, in red, as a subscription channel on 704 but I can see it on 9850.

Nothing weird about that 722 is not a dishnow receiver it is regular sub so channel 9850 would be the place to see KBS for free if you are a regular dishnetwork customer with access to 118.7.

that seems odd. Thought everyone can see that?

Nope channels 100, 101 and the like are removed, us second class dishnow subs don't get to see a chat unless it is replayed on channel 580 @ 118 or 148, channel 580 @ 61.5 is also removed just like 101 @ 119. Makes no sense but that is the wisdom of dishnow!

How come KBS picture quality look so yellow for the last few weeks? They switch the picture quality from sharp for a week, then back to blurry yellow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)