Where is my dish pointing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
I've been playing around with new locations for the C-band dish. It's a sacrifice between losing satellites below about 95W because of the house and those above 121W because of a tree.

In a new position, I'm getting much better reception of satellites past 121W and have the dish at present parked on a satellite up in the 130s somewhere.

I'm getting 97 channels, almost all encrypted Latin American stations.

FTA is:
Tigo Star slate on 3840 V 30000
Expande TV 3794 H 2369
ESNE TV 3720 H 3000
Televida Abundante 3776 V 3077

I can't find any of these listed on the myriad of FTA guides I've checked. Does anyone know what satellite this is?

OK, mystery solved. Despite my C-band dish moving, the signals were coming from the ku-band dish.

I was thinking the same thing. I looked at those channel names and thought that sounds like Ku. Didn't comment though since I don't see past 131 right now.

I've been playing around with new locations for the C-band dish. It's a sacrifice between losing satellites below about 95W because of the house and those above 121W because of a tree.

In a new position, I'm getting much better reception of satellites past 121W and have the dish at present parked on a satellite up in the 130s somewhere.

I'm getting 97 channels, almost all encrypted Latin American stations.

FTA is:
Tigo Star slate on 3840 V 30000
Expande TV 3794 H 2369
ESNE TV 3720 H 3000
Televida Abundante 3776 V 3077

I can't find any of these listed on the myriad of FTA guides I've checked. Does anyone know what satellite this is?
Those channels you mentioned are from 116.8W Eutelsat 117 West satellite on the Ku-band side.

ok that makes sense. I looked for these signals in c-band but couldn't find them anywhere.

Yes, I was embarrassed when I realized what was happening!

So, what's a good, strong DVB-S signal I can look for on the satellites in the 130s? I'm in California, hoping to at least get something past 125W. I'm hoping I might be able to see 135, 137 or 139W on the other side of this large tree in my way. Is there anything that might be easier to hunt for?

My west sats are good receprion on the 10'. in wv 139w makes my dish look like its pointing horizontally lol. booming signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)