ASC1-serial port

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sacket

Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Ontario
Just a note, I am running windows 8.1 with an asus motherboard no serial connector. I have this unit usb to RS232/UART TTL/RS485. plugged the serial cable in one end and the usb in the other and uploaded, downloaded to the ASC1 with no errors.

When you downloaded the ASC1 loader software from the Tantaniumsatellite website, did you had problems unzipping it to the Windows 8.1 computer?
I have a laptop with Windows 8.1. I even downloaded the loader on my laptop with Windows 7 and have same problems.
I downloaded the firmware and the satellite list and unzipped them with no problems.
Brian of Titanium Satellites believe the problem may stem from the security settings in my laptops that not allowing the .exe to work. I'm going to try that in a few minutes. I just wanted to check with you in case I keep having problems.
Happy New Year!

Since the PCs would unpack the satellite list and firmware zip files, but not decompress the Loader/Editor .exe zip file, I suggested that either a security setting on the PC or on anti-virus program was probably not allowing an unsigned .exe to be unpacked or saved to the computer. Some security settings implicitly block and other settings allow the user to accept unknown files.

If this unpacking problem continues, we were going to post an uncompressed file for GreatFTA on DropBox.

When I tried to unzip this loader the error keep saying the file was damaged or corrupt. So it won't unzip it. I tried 2 extractors to unzip, both have same errors.
I downloaded the loader 1.8 file again and same result.

Try downloading with a different browser. A few months ago I had problems with Firefox or IE not being able to download anything successfully.

You could also try running the extractor with admin privileges. Right click run as admin. Could also try adjusting compatibility to win 7. Right click properties.

As a last ditch effort, try turning off your antivirus while downloading and extracting.

Try downloading with a different browser. A few months ago I had problems with Firefox or IE not being able to download anything successfully.

You could also try running the extractor with admin privileges. Right click run as admin. Could also try adjusting compatibility to win 7. Right click properties.
I tried all my browsers. Same result.

Everything else I downloaded from Titanium website downloaded fine (firmware and North American satellites map list) and was unzipped successfully. I even tried downloading the ASC1 1.3 and downloaded good and unzipped fine. Or course I can't use the 1.3 but was seeing how other versions do
Titanium, it look like the 1.8 version made be corrupt. The read file unzipped, but the 1.8 loader didn't.
I hope the info I'm giving you pinpoint the problem for you.

Needed to go into the office today, so just sent a PM to you with a DropBox link for an unzipped file with the ASC1 Loader/Editor 1.8 and the Release Notes.

I also tested the linked file on the Titanium Satellite website. The link works fine and the folder downloads and unzips without any problems on a WIN8 laptop using Firefox 34.0.05, WinZip with full AVG antivirus enabled. There must be a security issue with your PCs.:(

Click OK if you see this or a similar security warning.
Security Warning.JPG

Edit: Just tested successful unpack with WinRar.

What are you using to unzip?

Edit:
Just tested with my 8.1 pc. Downloaded and opened without a problem. Opened archive with winrar.

I don't understand this either, Titanium. The loader I got from the DropBox worked great. Thank you again, Titanium. I know the ASC 1 controller has the latest firmware installed. I just needed the loader 1.8 for the satellite lists.
Titanium Satellites does stand behind their products and services.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts