Where is New Programming That was Promised

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
When is Voom going to put some new programming on the air. The content has been the same since March 2005. I'm not talking new channels, I'm talking new programming.

Rave continues to have the same old concerts for a year now.

Brian

Several new things on Rave the 2nd half of the month:

Rave HD: Solos: Jacky Terrasson (Musical) 2/11
Rave HD: Solos (Musical) 2/12
Rave HD: Queen & Paul Rodgers -- Return of the Champions 2/17
Rave HD: The Cure: Trilogy 2/18
Rave HD: Soundstage: America 2/19
Rave HD: Solos: Bill Frisell 2/19
Rave HD: Queen (Bio) 2/19
Rave HD: The Pretenders: Loose in LA 2/24
Rave HD: Ryuichi Sakamoto (Musical) 2/26
Rave HD: Solos: Joe Lovano 2/26
Rave HD: The Pretenders: Loose in L.A. (Special) 2/26
Rave HD: Solos: Phil Dwyer 2/27

bkushner said:
Well I wouldn't call this that much stuff considering they've been programming the SAME THING for nearly a year now.

Can you point at an HD channel that has 24/7 different concerts or stuff. even HDnet only adds so much per month. Be glad that you are not seeing a 3 hour rotation that like it was before or when Discovery HD Theater started. If you take a look at all the threads before this one, VOOM stopped adding new monthly programming as in great quantity as before after March 2005 (approximately the time when VOOM DBS when down). Since December we have seen many new additions of new programming; yes they are within all the old stuff but that is a given. No one gives you 24/7 new programming all the time even HDnet repeats, repeats... Programming license only has a window of rental and not an indefinete time of license. Take a look at HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and starz. They will give you a certain amount of movies per month but the rest is repeats because they will not be able to pay for all the license to give us every day non-repeating programming. That is just how it works for every channel. Look at TNT HD again -- losts of repeats.

techsatman said:
lets all concel our voom package, just to weak them up

Let's all cancel TNT HD, HDnet and HDnet movies, Showtime and every HD channel becasue they are repeat repeat.... :) (I think not). When you look at the whole package of Dish HD channels with all the new programming available per month from every channel, it more than enough provides an adequate line up of programming. It is given that not everything is suited for someone's particular taste; and if you cannot find that Dish HD programming can get you any taste at all, I think it is time to cancel and I will agree with you. Some have opted to go with Just OTA HD and that's fine.

With the new packaging you would have to cancel all hd anyway as far as i can tell. You cant just cancel voom anymore, unless you are still on teh old packages. I actually wondered if this forum should become the HD programming forum instead of just Voom. A thought anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)