Where is Sky Sports in the USA?

daboogas94e

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Near Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know how or where I could find Sky Sports in the USA? I know its a British product and all but I want to know if anyone has it broadcast over here.

Thanks
daboogas94e

All of us that like the coverage that SKY provides would like to know too, but alas, they do not have Sky here to my knowledge. ESPN has a stranglehold on sports coverage in North America, much to my chagrin. :(

While we're dreaming, I'd like EuroSport so I can watch WRC coverage. :)

what do you mean keep the Euro crap away? Europeans are much better at broadcasting sports than we are
euro crap tennis sailing cricket and all the other weird sports over there imho

the only euro sport i wanna see on tv is hockey, ill watch futbol every 4 years during world cup or olympics but thats it

I'd be happy to see more real football ... rugby, cricket, darts, snooker etc. I personally have zero interest in American football, baseball, NHL, and the rest of the "crap" that is shown over here ... which in a way is nice ... i don;t have to hijack the TV in prime time or on weekend afternoon/nights .. and the expensive sports packages and games that dish/direct try to use as selling points have no meaning for me :)

... but to answer OP's question.

Most of the sports which you would see on sky - already have broadcast deals signed with other us providers .. so even if sky did broadcast over here - 90% of the programming would be blacked out.

between FSC/ESPN and Setanta - we actually get to see more football over here in the US than we would if we just got re-broadcast sky tv coverage... cricket can be had via pay-per-view or P2P if you really get desperate and there are torrent sites out there that provide same day coverage of snooker games (or proxies and the bbc website come in very handy) ;)

There are of course ways to get pretty much anything if you want it bad enough. Slingbox is indeed the easiest if you know someone over there with a sky subscription and broadband internet connection.

I have to agree though - sports coverage in the UK is leap years ahead of that which you see here on most broadcast networks .. over here you are only just beginning to catch up with the "interactive" coverage that has been readily available in the UK for at least the past 10 years ,,,, don't like the commentary .. click a button and hear "fanzone" .. click another and watch the "playercam" .. click again and chose from a menu which will let you watch any one of the 16 (guess) courts at Wimbledon ... want to place a bet on the game - press a button and make a bet ..

The hi-def coverage over here is much further advanced though - and personally - i'll take a hi0def picture over gimmicky "features" 99 times out of 100 ... heck much as i hate football and basketball .. i eve find myself mesmerized by the clarity of the picture and find myself "accidentaly" watching "American" sports sometimes ... hi-def is like a form of hypnosis ... there should be controls over how they hijack my brian and suck me in ...
:)

well i'd much rather see European football than anything else right now except NASCAR. I just hate the FSC and ESPN hasn't taken more interest in the UEFA or Euro 2008

if i knew someone over there, i'd have a sling box and help pay for the sub. I miss alot of the UEFA and EPL games because Sentanta or FSC isn't covering the game

I miss alot of the UEFA and EPL games because Sentanta or FSC isn't covering the game

like i said ... between them - FSC and Setanta actually broadcast many many more games than you would ever be able to see on sky ...

Uefa games can be found on the Uefa website - they have live streaming (for a fee) for the games that are not shown on TV.

Euro 2008 is also going to be on ESPN with the semi's/final showing on ABC I think ..

trust me - we get MUCH more football over here than they do in most of Europe due to blackouts and restrictions ...

The grass is not always greener. I can't remember the last time there was an EPL game that i wanted to watch that was not shown on tv live - or at the very least on a same-day-delay.

i've missed several Arsenal or ManU matches because FSC or Sentanta didn't carry it. And for the UEFA, no one is carrying the Milan-Arsenal match either on tv but of course, its probably online

i've missed several Arsenal or ManU matches because FSC or Sentanta didn't carry it. And for the UEFA, no one is carrying the Milan-Arsenal match either on tv but of course, its probably online

Are you sure ? I've seen every single Man United match this season so far apart from the FA cup games (which were available PPV) .. pretty much all but maybe one or two have been live .. and all have certainly been shown on Setanta's "MUTV" part of the schedule ...

and Milan-Arsenal is on espn 2 tomorrow ... 1.30 pm central time i think ...

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)