Where Is The New SlimLine Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
Anywhere on that thread did they post the reflector's dimensions, composition, and weight?

I already answered that charper :D

Nothing yet, but I asked if they could post the info if it's in the installation manual at all.

Sorry, I was eating some pizza and never refreshed that thread just retyped and it got bumped to the next page; I will delete the duplicate question. I wonder what area they are in and what the model number is.

charper1 said:
Sorry, I was eating some pizza and never refreshed that thread just retyped and it got bumped to the next page; I will delete the duplicate question. I wonder what area they are in and what the model number is.

He's in Orange County CA

charper1 said:

Pizza? I hope you brought enough for everyone!

;)

Some additional info posted in the dbstalk thread I linked. I'm not going to be a relay of info. You wanna know, go look for yourself ;)

OK, he mentions that they told him the "empty" spots on the LNB head were for additional LNBs; Maybe 95 or 72.5? Does anyone remember where DirecTV 10 & 11 are to be located? Here is the current layout compared (I would assume the LNB layout is still the same order):

Attachments

• AT59_det_zoomA.gif
    AT59_det_zoomA.gif
    86.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0004_SlimLine.JPG
    IMG_0004_SlimLine.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hope his crappers never lose water in the bowl, boy is it going to stink with that exhaust covered. Perhaps a scene like National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, LOL!

Isn't the mounting bracket hollow all the way through? I don't think it would be blocking or closing off the VTR.

Only issue I see with the install is that it looks like there is only electrical tape keeping the dish from spinning on the vent pipe. I would like to hope there is a nail or screw to keep the whole thing from twisting in the wind. Even if there is a nail or screw a decent wind could cause the pipe to begin to move around.

From the pics...outside of the integrated LNB assembly, it looks alot like the AT9. Mounted on the exhaust thing...hmmm. I'd like to see a correct installation. I bet it needs the monopoles to support it.

Here are the two side by side. I looks to be about 3" shorter (less height) and about 4" wider to me.

Attachments

• AT59_zoom.gif
    AT59_zoom.gif
    86 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0005_SlimLine.JPG
    IMG_0005_SlimLine.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I have been installing the 5LNB dish. the old one and the new one, I don't think this is the streamline model. It weight is about the same, just eaiser to assemble. And it is still a pain to mount and put the braces on and align. I will say the Dish 1000 and the Dish 1000 plus is better to align, but the dish 1000 plus is about the same weight as the 5LNB dish. I would sure like to see the streamlined model.

scjimmy said:
I have been installing the 5LNB dish. the old one and the new one, I don't think this is the streamline model.

Its real easy to tell; it says SlimLine right on the reflector's face.

charper1 said:
Here are the two side by side. I looks to be about 3" shorter (less height) and about 4" wider to me.

Who actually has that dish installed, and is it available in the Detroit market?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)