Where is the TV2 IR (to UHF) converter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What I never understood is why they can't just enable the software to accept IR commands from the front IR ports on TV2's remote address to control TV2. No special device required at all.

Mine is usually in single mode so it doesn't matter, but it would be nice to be able to use the Slingbox on TV2 on occasion.

UHF to IR.
No no NO! That converter has existed for quite some time already. It's the TV2 IR to UHF converter that is still MIA. One might want such if one had a Slingbox or Hava and wanted to hook that up to TV2 rather than camping on the only HDTV output one has (TV1 as I am now). This makes no sense since most Slingboxes and all Hava are SD devices. (The Hava "HD" units are HD-input only.)

Pepper (as usual) makes a great observation. Why not simply reprogram the darn receivers to accept IR on TV2 as well as TV1? And while we're at it, why not reprogram the darn receiver to allow recording, if not playback in real time, of the OTA tuner via TV2?

That's what I've been wondering for a long time.

Seems like it would be super easy to allow it to accept an IR remote on TV2 through the regular method on the Sys Info screen.

That would be useful for Slingbox and such, and also for Universal Remotes. One cannot use anything but Dish's remote in that room, and if it does not provide adequate control of other devices (quite often), then your stuck remote juggling.

I too am waiting to hear an update from CES about the TV2 to IR converter, described at last May's team summit. I 've also been digging around in the CES forum, and haven't found anything. See here for pics from the team summit:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/135606-team-summit-photos.html

Pepper (as usual) makes a great observation. Why not simply reprogram the darn receivers to accept IR on TV2 as well as TV1? And while we're at it, why not reprogram the darn receiver to allow recording, if not playback in real time, of the OTA tuner via TV2?

My understanding is that the new 722K with the optional two OTA tuner module will allow at least one of the OTA tuners to be used by TV2. I'd be interested in any news on availability of the 722K, I'm thinking it might be available before the 922.

Imagine univeral remote for TV2. I have the remote for over 2 years, just can't control dish (TV2 )

Every time I call the Call center they give me diferente anwser.
The other day the CSR told me that was on "software update"

let's just wait.

No no NO! That converter has existed for quite some time already. It's the TV2 IR to UHF converter that is still MIA. One might want such if one had a Slingbox or Hava and wanted to hook that up to TV2 rather than camping on the only HDTV output one has (TV1 as I am now). This makes no sense since most Slingboxes and all Hava are SD devices. (The Hava "HD" units are HD-input only.)

Heh, I guess it just depends how you look at it. You are thinking converting a universal remote's IR signal to the UHF the receiver accepts, and I am thinking converting the receiver from accepting UHF to IR. I am interested in it for my Slingbox and don't care what mechanism is used, as long as it comes out soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)