Where the Heck Is HD Hockey?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
nhlfan79 said:
This thread is meaningless without a comparison of the ratings of the shows going head to head with NBC hockey on a weekend afternoon.
Charper1 has posted a link to the USA page earlier. From the ratings I've seen NHL would be last on the networks... and that's where I'd expect them to be. I would surmise in Canada there pulling quite a bit higher.

mechman

A friend of mine said he heard that some round 3 games would be on HDNet. Has anyone heard this? I can't find mention of it anywhere

Locally, in Minnesota, OLN is outdrawing the NBA, according to the Pioneer Press and Nielsen.

) Local TV ratings for NHL games on Outdoor Life Network have been higher than local TV ratings for NBA games on TNT, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Last Monday, NHL playoffs ratings on OLN were 1.1 and 0.9 for two games while TNT's two NBA games had ratings of 0.4 and 0.9. The NHL won consistently through last Wednesday's telecasts of the two leagues.

That's without our team in the playoffs. Of course we are practically Canada...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/14574585.htm

Sixth item down...

Does anyone know if tonight's game is in HD. Yes it is pretty sad that we can have a baby channel but not even have the NHL playoffs in HD....bandwidth ha ha

colofan said:
Does anyone know if tonight's game is in HD. Yes it is pretty sad that we can have a baby channel but not even have the NHL playoffs in HD....bandwidth ha ha

all the conference finals and SC Finals will be in HD through either OLN or NBC...

channel 95 will have tonight's Edm-Ana game # 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts