Where to buy 2" pole for pole mount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd have to give credit to Dish Network, when it came to the SuperDish, which went through three different munting foot incarnations. The last incarnation increased the thickness og the steel, so that it could use the same mounting hole pattern as the industry stand mount for the DirecTV 18 inch dish, the Phase III, the Dish500 and Dish1000 and so on. Installers could then use the same mounting holes, when the older one was removed to mount the new dish.

Fortunately, Dish Network NOW uses the same tube diameters for all of their dishes except the SuperDishes. The tubes may be heaver or longer, but they are of one diameter, 1-5/8"

We've seen and tried many different adapters using machined aluminum, stainless steel, and all sorts of clamps. Steel would need to be painted and the paint needed time to dry. Others with clamps took time to assemble and other methods required force or heating to put on and so forth.

These just slip on and are exactly two inches outer diameter. Also no extra bolts or screws are needed.

Heres how long it took:

Auto parts store: 20 minutes
Hit with hammer : 1 minute
Drilled holes and mounted bolts: 10 minutes

If someone online can get me the sleeve faster than that, Ill buy one next time.

This is exactly right :up
You will NOT find any Schedule 40 at Home Depot or Lowes, you need to go to a local Fence company.

I too placed a 16' Schedule 40 galvinized post in for my AT-9.

Make sure to use concrete and place a hole at the lower end and place a bolt or something like that thru it.

Also, my post was actually 1 7/8th" OD, just short of 2"
I set the pole set the dish fine tuned it and ran a screw into the side of the pole, there happens to be a hole already in the mast, worked great !

Jimbo

I don't understand what the hole you mention is for? Do you mean near the ground (i.e., earth)?

I bought a 1 1/2" pipe (1 7/8" OD) from the HD in the plumbing section, not the eletrical conduit. It fits the mount ok, but just to make sure, I used foil tape to increase the OD and then used two self tapping steel screws to go through the mount into the pipe. Works like a charm.

I've tried tailpipe, tape, screws and other methods.

Just could not get consistant results, and tweaking just took too much time. When you're doing 4-5 installs a day, you have to have "quick, easy and consistant." Extra time spent on earlier installs, means I'm late for later installs. I'm sure that anyone on these forums, who has waited all afternoon for an installer and have experienced a no show can relate.

For an individual, who has plenty of time to custom tweak an adapter, any way that works would be fine.

Using a common 1 3/4 omt pipe [electrical pipe] works well take a stubby mount off its base slide the tube over the pipe and half tap it with several self tapping screws. using a standard 2 inch pipe would require a smaller pipe inserted as a sleeve for this method. Lowes and Home Depot do not sell 1 3/4 omt ,I 1/2 will work just use a few extra screws to secure. The stubby mast is the correct fit for the dish back so its just a matter of finding a pipe to fit it . Directv uses a 2 inch pipe but is measured differently so a standard 2inch doesn't work .This method is perfect for do it yourselfers just don't forget to put the pole in cement. Yes their will be a slight gap between the mast pipe and your conduit that's why your half tapping with screws.

:welcome to Satelliteguys helm!

2" fence posts work well, although they are slightly smaller than 2". You can get 2" pipe at an auto parts store. If what you have is a little small, roof flashing will fill the gap. My dish has flashing and has been up for 11 years with no issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts