Where to get a DPP 500 LNBF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Billy J

Original poster
Jul 29, 2019
Maine
I thought this would be easier. I have a Dish Pro 500 LNB, which I have used to receive 119. I need to replace it with a Dish Pro Plus 500 LNB, so I can receive both 110 and 119 without an external switch. It should be physically identical for ease of installation. I thought I would just send someone a few bucks, and the needed unit would show up on my doorstep, but I'm having trouble finding one. I've already been burned on eBay, so I'd rather not go there.

Failing that, what is the right switch to use with the existing LNBF, and where do I get one?

Many thanks for any help.

Bill

Attachments

• Dish Pro far (Medium).JPG
    Dish Pro far (Medium).JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Dish Pro label (Medium).JPG
    Dish Pro label (Medium).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 134
I thought this would be easier. I have a Dish Pro 500 LNB, which I have used to receive 119. I need to replace it with a Dish Pro Plus 500 LNB, so I can receive both 110 and 119 without an external switch. It should be physically identical for ease of installation. I thought I would just send someone a few bucks, and the needed unit would show up on my doorstep, but I'm having trouble finding one. I've already been burned on eBay, so I'd rather not go there.

Failing that, what is the right switch to use with the existing LNBF, and where do I get one?

Bill

Try one of the installers, maybe HipKat?

Bill
If you have that Y-Bracket (or LNBF Bracket) you don't need a switch. Just try to get the LNBF, replace the one you have now - either a DP Dual or DP Twin - and you should be ok, although the Dish will need to be peaked, and moved slightly to the left and raised to get peak signal.

And here's your LNBF from a reputable Retailer DISH Network Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF (DPP Twin LNB) ES1670 from Solid Signal

HipKat -

That's exactly what I am looking for, but the link says "Discontinued" and they are no longer for sale. That's what I meant when I said I can't find one.

NYDutch -

I would welcome a pointer. I found one on Amazon that appears correct, but $150 for a used one is a bit out of line.
I found another that appears functionally identical, but physically different. I don't think it would replace the existing one without a major physical mod. This one is
Amazon product ASIN B00506DATW

Believe it or not, try Walmart. I have bought replacement parts for my set up there and was amazed to see what is available through their "third-party" vendors.

With my two H3 install, D!SH put in a rats nest of jumpers and two Single Hubs. I got a Duo for about $9 from Walmart and cleaned it all up and it's been working great for the past couple of years.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)