Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
Dish is filling my inbox with News Releases:

"DISH Network Offers Free High Definition DVR"

"DISH Network(TM) Introduces TV On The Go"

"DISH Network(TM) Expands Interactive TV Offerings"

"DISH Network(TM) Launches DishDVR Advantage Package"

But their corporate news site hasn't been updated since 12/22/06.

So is this available for free now? Or are they saying it will be offered free sometime soon? Because I just called and spoke to 2 different people, neither of which had heard of this. One CSR went so far as to imply I was making the whole thing up. :mad:

Good idea - I just fired off an email. After chatting with my 3rd CSR in a webchat, who first argued with me and then claimed she couldn't see the page when I sent her the link to the story, I'm done.

The fact that the slide says "No upgrade fees" tells me that existing customers should be able to get this.

Before when I asked for a free HD DVR I would have taken it. Now that might not be good enough because of what Directv may come out with. Dish knows they are going to be hurting when Directv launches their HD channels this year so they want to get as many of the HD subs as they can get now with a contract. I hope Directv offers a free HD DVR as well.

What is even more exciting is the slide that says

"Supports off-the-shelf USB HD for extra storage."

:up

Attachments

• echostar_pc5.jpg
    echostar_pc5.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 215
Dish knows they are going to be hurting when Directv launches their HD channels this year so they want to get as many of the HD subs as they can get now with a contract.

Why believe D* this year, when they never made good on their promises last year? Sci-Fi HD? When the Sci-Fi folks know nothing about it?

D* is just spreading more FUD. AGAIN.

Thought you meant they promised Sci-Fi HD last year. It is rumored to be coming in 2007. Nothing new about that.

EDIT:

Swanni "predicts" Likely 2007 HD launches include: CNN, E!, TBS, The Sci-Fi Channel and FX.

Wonder if they will do anything for 622 customers who shelled out the $299 out of the gate? Best guess is... HELL NO! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts