Where's the New Dish Info... "DISH Network Offers Free High Definition DVR"

If it makes anyone feel better, I paid $700 for mine. They are obviously worried about "D" so they are going to try and lock in as many subs as possible for two years. I have seen "D's" new 150 HD channel commercial dozens of times in the last couple of days alone. I would be perfectly happy with HD locals added but for the Greenville/Spartenburg area will be some wait.

This is how I feel about what I have heard out of CES so far.

YAWN

If it makes anyone feel better, I paid $700 for mine. They are obviously worried about "D" so they are going to try and lock in as many subs as possible for two years. I have seen "D's" new 150 HD channel commercial dozens of times in the last couple of days alone. I would be perfectly happy with HD locals added but for the Greenville/Spartenburg area will be some wait.

This is how I feel about what I have heard out of CES so far.

YAWN

I paid for two through dishdepot.com last February. I got trade in value for my old 942s and my friends old dish receivers so I got two for the same price as 1 last year- about $850.00. I thought I got a good deal considering they were going for $799.99 a box when they first came out. Now less than a year later, it is FREE. I sure hope that they are going to allow our current 622s the ability to do the dish online and the external hard drives. If they say you have to upgrade AGAIN to the 622-1 to get the above features I am going to be pissed. I have already paid to upgrade to the 921, the 942 and the 622.

I just called the Dish and they allowed me to "Dish It Up" to a 622 to replace my current HD Reciever. I paid 199 but they gave me a $100 credit on my account and free installation. Pretty sweet:D

When I called in after having multiple issues with them they wouldn't offer me squat on the 622. They may have offered you a deal on it because they figure that they got an extra $100 out of you right now vs. what the new deals coming out may be.

Return them? Hardly. The ViP622 is the best on the market. HD, MPEG-4, nice features, external storage & IPTV about to be turned on. Nice system.
Jeez. You and Dish need to get a room. It's also getting kinda creepy.

I concur. Beware though, he's touchy about being called a DISH homer.

I got hosed from DISH with the 942. Bought it for $600, thought it would get all the HD channels.....NOOOOO 2 months later the 622 came out, with MPEG-4 channels you can't see with the 942. NOW it's only worth $100 to DISH for an exchange to LEASE a 622. SCREW YOU(me) BUDDY!

Don't think they're going to change that attitude anytime soon.....

Last edited:
I paid a grand for my 921. Buggy, old 921. Still using it, unable to get all the HD channels, because I'm too cheap to pay to lease.

I paid a grand for my 921. Buggy, old 921. Still using it, unable to get all the HD channels, because I'm too cheap to pay to lease.
I paid $185. for a 622, because I was too cheap to lease or pay $400. for the 622. But I'm glad I did.

I didn't lease or buy the 622 because I was too cheap to pay $199 for something I would not own or $500-1,000 for an HD receiver that I felt that they would upgrade at any time making my investment not worthwhile (like what happened with the 921 and 942) and there was not enough HD content to make it worth my while. I figure when HD is mature enough you can get the free HD DVR for little to no money upfront with a lease.

I just paid $199.00 on December 22nd 2006. I emailed them and they told me they couldn't do anything because the promotion doesn't start until Feb. 1st. So since I am within the 30 day cancellation period, tomorrow I will call and cancel and then resign on Feb. 2nd.

I just paid $199.00 on December 22nd 2006. I emailed them and they told me they couldn't do anything because the promotion doesn't start until Feb. 1st. So since I am within the 30 day cancellation period, tomorrow I will call and cancel and then resign on Feb. 2nd.

Is that possible? You can cancel within 30 days? Might be what I do to get the deal.

So has anyone heard anything about whether or not E* is going to continue to offer the $20/month for 10 months programming credits for new subs?

If not then all of this is much ado about nothing.

$199 622 with $200 of programming credits = Free 622 w/o programming credits.

But if it is Free 622 w/$200 programming credits, then that's a great deal.

Granted I'm new here, and I'm sure this has been said before. If Dish won't allow current subs to upgrade to a 622 for free in Feb. , and D* matches that offer. E* can kiss my money bye bye and off to the competition I go.

Later
JimC

To me, this reads that current customers get the pricing and the free 622.

Offset price increases with the New DishDVR Advantage Package! – Effective
February
1, 2007 – Another very exciting change for 2007 is our new package,
“DishDVR
Advantage,” which is an innovative way for DISH Network to offer our
products and services
to customers. It offers both our new and existing customers a simple and
comprehensive
bundle of DISH Network products, services and programming at one simple
price. Our
Retailers and Customers have been asking for a service like this, here you
go! Plus, you can
offer it to customers to offset some of the package price increases that
customers may
experience. It combines our most popular entertainment package with our
most popular
receivers – dual-tuner / two-TV solutions.
o DishDVR Advantage costs $49.99/mo. (savings of $3.98/mo.) and is a
comprehensive
package which includes:
– AT200 – Over two hundred of our best channels.
– Locals package – Customers must qualify for Local Network Programming for
this
package.
– Dual-tuner fee-based DVR – Includes a two-room-ready DVR receiver – Model
522, 625, or ViP622 DVRTM receiver.
– Standard Professional Installation – For no additional cost.
– DHA-18 – New customers must qualify for DHA-18, so there’s no equipment
to
purchase, and customers receive 18 months of DHPP free of charge. Existing
customers must make an 18 month commitment or be on Credit-Card AutoPay
(CCA).
– Credit-Card AutoPay (CCA) – This is a requirement for new customers, but
it’s
also an advantage – with CCA customers won’t have to worry about mailing in
their
billing statement to pay for their TV service every month.
o $49.99/mo. price is guaranteed through January 31, 2009! – Helps
customers save
money! – The $49.99/mo. cost is a $3.98/mo. savings if the customer were to
subscribe
to these components individually. This $3.98/mo. comes to a 7% savings
overall for new
and existing customers who sign up for this 18-month term agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts