Where's the New Dish Info... "DISH Network Offers Free High Definition DVR"

They just showed on the retailer chat how the 622 will be free for exisiting customers

Under Dish'n it up

$149 upfront cost
-$50 Dish'n it up credit
-$100 Dish HD credit

In that case I can't wait till Feb. I forgot how much I loved my DVR, but I just can't give up all that OTA HD goodness, just so I can pause the show for a snack!

Later
JimC

that is of course if you're a plan a customer

they have a plan b and plan c with $179 and $199 upfronts respectivly, i dunno how you get classified under one or the other

Just got off the phone with them, the story I got was if the current remotes are still working, they don't give you the new ones (although he couldn't tell me what they do with those new ones the installers keep!).

I have the $5 maintenance package though so they're sending me 1 new one at no cost.

HD locals

The problem with the lack of HD locals is that some broadcasters are wanting the cable and I would think satalite folks to pay a fee to pick up the HD feeds.
The cable folks are balking at this ploy and what do you think Charlie is going to do?

that is of course if you're a plan a customer

they have a plan b and plan c with $179 and $199 upfronts respectivly, i dunno how you get classified under one or the other

Not sure how they rate me. I've been with the 180 plan for over two years and never miss a payment........

Later
JimC

this sucks i just upgraded last week for 200 bucks plus 100 back... what ever dish gets enough of my money it like a drop in a bucket.

I upgraded last week too for the same promo. I think that we have a 30 day money back guarantee. I confirm w/ them that this is the case and that I can get a credit for the difference. So it should work out just fine and you would have beaten the rush for installs that will occur on Feb 1st.:D

there's no moneyback for promotion changes.

You get what you get.

You really have nothing to complain about. If you wanted the 622 for free you should just kept waiting until dish finally started offering it for free

I'm assuming the free no upfront cost/no rebate HD DVR will be for new subscribers only. However, I've fulfillled my committment period. So theoretically could I cance my service and return my receivers, then resign as a new subscriber (or use my wife's name possibly?).

Or is there defined that a "new" subscriber is one that hasn't had Dish for x amount of months?

I looked into switching to DirecTV because of their recent announcement about future HD channels but I really don't want to have a box attached to every tv (especially the one in our kitchen). I'd much rather stay with the Dish dual receivers I have. DirecTV is offering an additional $150 discount for people switching from Dish (phone order only, not website), which would help offset part of the $300 lease price for their single HD DVR receiver but the thought of having to pay a monthly lease fee on 3 additional receivers instead of the one additional dual Dish receiver bugs me....for me that negates DirecTV's cheaper HD programming cost.

I'm a newbie here (first post even) and am very impressed with the forum, it's members and all the great information. Wish I would have though of coming here two years ago! :)

Larry

PS Why isn't DirecTV offering dual tunersyet? Is it a patent thing?

---Or is there defined that a "new" subscriber is one that hasn't had Dish for x amount of months?

Six months. Or you can sign up with your wife's SSN, though the same address makes it suspect.

Just got of the phone with a nice csr that spoke English and said if I dropped Dish for 6 months and returned, I would be considered a "former" subscriber and would have to pay a $49 activation charge when returning.

Is this a new term as of 2/1/07?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts