Where's the New Dish Info... "DISH Network Offers Free High Definition DVR"

Everyone (meaning anyone with a clue) knew they could not do national HD channels last year. With spotbeams all they could do is HD locals.

Which is similar to this year- the next 2 sats are spotbeams, are they not? Anyway, you can cover the country with spots if you wish.

So you're saying D* people were clueless, because THEY are the ones that "promised" so many national HD channels. They still said they would do something they either knew, or should have known, they would not/could not do. Which brings this year's round of "promises" into doubt.

Which is similar to this year- the next 2 sats are spotbeams, are they not? Anyway, you can cover the country with spots if you wish.

So you're saying D* people were clueless, because THEY are the ones that "promised" so many national HD channels. They still said they would do something they either knew, or should have known, they would not/could not do. Which brings this year's round of "promises" into doubt.
I dont think anyone has confirmed what DirecTV X and XI can or cannot do. The fact that they did not roll out any national channels last year shows they could not cover the whole country with spots from the two spaceway satellites (we know damn well they tried as they hate losing customers to Dish and cable - Maybe this is what made Rupert get pissed and turdbird them). Making customers wait is better then having to explain to X number of customers why they cannot get the new HD channels because they are not in a spot beam.

Return them? Hardly. The ViP622 is the best on the market. HD, MPEG-4, nice features, external storage & IPTV about to be turned on. Nice system.

Anyway, about the covering the country with spotbeams- I meant conceptually, with the 2 new satellites. They are probably VERY configurable, to future proof them. Time will tell.

Dish Network offers Free High Definition DVR

Wonder if they will do anything for 622 customers who shelled out the $299 out of the gate? Best guess is... HELL NO! :)

sonnyboy11, you are exactly right, I too shelled out $299 last April for the 622 and I think the very next month others got it for $199, it seems it pays to wait...Old auto pay customers doesn't mean much to E..

What about the $200 rebate for the first 10 months? Dish is running a special (since at least last month) for new customers. They can get Dish HD Bronze for $29.99 instead of $49.99/month for 10 months. They told me that basically pays for the $199 lease upgrade fee. I bet they are going to get rid of this deal on Jan 31 and do the free HD-DVR and $49.99/month for Dish HD Bronze instead of $29.99. Sleazy marketing if this is what happens.

...I too shelled out $299 last April for the 622 and I think the very next month others got it for $199, it seems it pays to wait...Old auto pay customers doesn't mean much to E..
You think ?? You must be new to the world of electronics.... People paid $1000+ for DVD players when they were first released and now you can buy 'em for $29. Hi-Def DVD players are $1000 too, but in 1-2 years, what will they cost ??

If people choose to buy things, especially electronics, "early", you will pay more. I paid $199 for my 622 but got, or will, most of it back in rebates. What can I do about that initial $200 ?? Nothing ! Will I complain ?? Nope !

I started another thread before I saw this one on the same subject. I haven't gotten any answers there so I will ask it here. With a dvr to you pay the dvr fee plus a fee for the second tuner or is it just one $5 or $6 fee? Could I replace my 311 and 211 with 1 622 and my bill stay the same?

I mentoned in the other thread that at least one CSR is claiming it is for new subs only----FWIW

sonnyboy11, you are exactly right, I too shelled out $299 last April for the 622 and I think the very next month others got it for $199, it seems it pays to wait...Old auto pay customers doesn't mean much to E..

Not that I am happy about the payout but honestly I knew what I was getting into when I did it. I had a new HD TV, I wanted the latest HD DVR, and I had Dish. And I did not want to wait. So there ya go. No regrets at all, but it would be nice if there was something offered to us for getting in early and paying the most. Very long shot, I know. ;)

Not that I am happy about the payout but honestly I knew what I was getting into when I did it. I had a new HD TV, I wanted the latest HD DVR, and I had Dish. And I did not want to wait. So there ya go. No regrets at all, but it would be nice if there was something offered to us for getting in early and paying the most. Very long shot, I know. ;)
A year ago what did the HD TVs cost and what do they cost now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)