Where's the NEW HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They have the space, they just haven't spent the money, i.e. signed the contracts for much new HD. There has been some since D12 started, but not alot. I think their next satellite is expected in 2013 or 2014, so they are probably going to be conservative with the new bandwith too.

They're too busy spending their money investigating ways to stuff more ads on the UI of the receivers.

Long is an understatement. And full of crap too. :)

Yea, it's basically multiple people complaining about the lack of (new) HD, & a couple of regular instigators speaking for ALL D* subs that retort with "BS, you're crazy; we DON'T need more HD; D* has ALL the HD channels you need; you DON'T need anymore HD & LIKE it; D* STILL has more HD than ANY, ANY other provider; D* does NO wrong, blah blah blah" crap. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

& BTW, it IS crap, that D* basically has stopped new HD adds, now that they got that new program exec yayhoo that's going to turn D* into another E*, but STILL keep raising prices. I'm already in the process of looking at my 3 other alternatives, as I will NOT be waiting until 2013 to get more HD. :p

Last edited:
They have the space, they just haven't spent the money, i.e. signed the contracts for much new HD. There has been some since D12 started, but not alot. I think their next satellite is expected in 2013 or 2014, so they are probably going to be conservative with the new bandwith too.

I think i seen a announcement that a new satellite launch is expected this spring!?

dishrich said:
Yea, it's basically multiple people complaining about the lack of (new) HD, & a couple of regular instigators speaking for ALL D* subs that retort with "BS, you're crazy; we DON'T need more HD; D* has ALL the HD channels you need; you DON'T need anymore HD & LIKE it; D* STILL has more HD than ANY, ANY other provider; D* does NO wrong, blah blah blah" crap. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

& BTW, it IS crap, that D* basically has stopped new HD adds, now that they got that new program exec yayhoo that's going to turn D* into another E*, but STILL keep raising prices. I'm already in the process of looking at my 3 other alternatives, as I will NOT be waiting until 2013 to get more HD. :p

Yep that's sums it up pretty well LOL!

Blue Ridge Comunications just added another 4 HD channels already this year.

These were all added this past year.Bringing them up to 70 real NON RSN ,NON PPV HD Channels

Last edited:
my cable company added 8 new hd channels in december, 4 so far this month and oprah's network goes hd on january 31. i got tired of waiting on dtv so i went back to cable in early december.

and the direction of dtv seems to be going toward video streaming and pay per view. dtv added about 32 hd channels last year. only 5 weren't premium.

As long as they keep GAINING customers don't expect to see any new HD cus there really is no reason to add HD..once the customer ADDS start slipping u will then see a plethors of new HD

As long as they keep GAINING customers don't expect to see any new HD cus there really is no reason to add HD..once the customer ADDS start slipping u will then see a plethors of new HD

They will throw us a bone after they raise our prices in Feb. One channel you will probably see in HD will be Tru tv because of the basketball games in March.

One channel you will probably see in HD will be Tru tv because of the basketball games in March.

Well assuming this WOULD actually happen, a side benefit would be that we might possibly get TCM & HLN as part of the deal.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be getting ANY bones at this point, including any of these... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts