Which 2 premiums to get.

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Already get Cinamax for a penny. What other 2 premiums are the best bang for the $$$$

I do have cinamax for penny too & then do have straz & HBO for the less buck also, I would loves to change my starz to Showtime because of course Showtime is alots better! But showtime dose have only 3 HD CHS & rest standard CHS , compare to 6 /HDS in starz ..So i would keep the way it is, till they gonna ADD more Showtime in HDS, then I switch my starz to Showtime. I think if u are in HD package, then just goes for STARZ & HBO for now!

there is a free promotion of HBO & Starz for 3 months for most customers, look under your "offers" online. Do that for 3 months then switch if you want buy some others.

starz shortest time from theatre to channel, with only 10 months, showtime the worst at 16 months. hbo & max both are 12 months from theatre to channel.

HBO and Showtime for reason stated earlier...great original programming (the sports documentaries on HBO are especially well done). Netflix has more or less made the movie content somewhat irrelevant, so the original content of HBO and Showtime is what makes them stand out. Showtime especially is going to be banking on that more and more as most of their exclusive studio partners jumped ship to start up the new Viacom-backed movie channel Epix.

HBO seems to be the best. Good sports like boxing. Starz has lots of HD also. As previously said, get them for 3 months free and decide for yourself, its a matter of opinion.

I don’t know why SHOWTIME left out of premium HD channels, compare to others all in HDS. I hate starz but I having it with HBO such as I LOVE HBO.! Starz have the logo in bottom screen I call it BUG ,such as I hate, Cant wait dish ADD more HD /CHS in SHOWTIME , then would switch my starz like heart beat.

Last edited:
I would say For Movies HBO, and for Original Series Showtime. Im hooked to Almost all the original showtime shows, their great Plus Big Brother late night in the summers :D:hungry:

Anyone remember when movie channels actually had movies?

I hate original programming, the only benefit they have over tv sitcoms is no commercials and the ability to show women's chests and simulated sex.

Anyone remember when movie channels actually had movies?

I hate original programming, the only benefit they have over tv sitcoms is no commercials and the ability to show women's chests and simulated sex.

Wow. When's the last time you've seen cable original programming? 1982? Shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm for example, are about as far from dumbed-down network sitcoms as you can get. In fact it seems Larry David is the only one of the old Seinfeld crew to have done anything good since that show ended.

Maybe you haven't seen all the critical raves for original series like The Wire, Dexter, Weeds, True Blood, etc. Cable original programming has come a long way since the days of "Bizarre" and "Dream On". Like it or not original programming is the wave of the future for premium networks, because with Netflix and Apple TV eventually they would be dead in the water otherwise.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)