Which 622 to return?

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
I recently bought a 211k to replace one of my 622's to reduce my bill $10/month.

I have the original one which is not refurbished, and have had since 2004-2005.

The second one is refurbished, BUT it was a replacement a couple of months ago for a 622 in which the hard drive went bad.

My question is - Do I keep the new, refurb one, because IT MIGHT have a new hard drive in it, or do I keep the old one because it's given no trouble so far.

OR do I get rid of the old one because of major usage (wear and tear) on the hard drive?

Thoughts? and thanks!

I recently bought a 211k to replace one of my 622's to reduce my bill $10/month.

I have the original one which is not refurbished, and have had since 2004-2005.

The second one is refurbished, BUT it was a replacement a couple of months ago for a 622 in which the hard drive went bad.

My question is - Do I keep the new, refurb one, because IT MIGHT have a new hard drive in it, or do I keep the old one because it's given no trouble so far.

OR do I get rid of the old one because of major usage (wear and tear) on the hard drive?

Thoughts? and thanks!

KeepThe newest one.;)

Last edited:
You know nothing about the history of the refurb, the HD could be older than your original. Flip a coin both are currently working and should continue to work.

Keep the one that has whatever recordings you want to save the most. If it does die, so what? schedule a trouble call and you'll probably get a 722k. Just don't let them talk you into shipping you one or you'll get another refurb 622.

Keep the one that has whatever recordings you want to save the most. If it does die, so what? schedule a trouble call and you'll probably get a 722k. Just don't let them talk you into shipping you one or you'll get another refurb 622.

Have EHD's to save programs, so that's not an issue.

I didn't get a 722k last time, would have liked to, though. I got the refurb 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)