Which Access Card?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

digitalgm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
All, I am looking to get a HD reciever from eBay but I need to know what to look for. From reading on this forum, I am looking for a sealed P5 card, right?

Thanks

AdamR

digitalgm said:
All, I am looking to get a HD reciever from eBay but I need to know what to look for. From reading on this forum, I am looking for a sealed P5 card, right?

Thanks

AdamR

I may be wrong, but the way that I understand it, if you don't get your receiver from Directv directly or one of their retailers like Best Buy, then you will have to call directv to get a new card. The cost is $20. Otherwise if you want to replace a receiver you can use the card out of the one your replacing. As far as I know D* has not started to phase out the P4 cards yet so you should still be able to use a P4 if you have one. They don't like to use cards that were registered to another user's account in case of any type of pirating.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)