Which Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
What band is the easiest to try and get on my 6 foot dish,The CU or the KU and how to i set it up in the receiver pansat 3500SD Also what Satellite in CU or KU band my truesouth is 179+4degrees im told My LNBF is a BSC621-2 Thank you

Last edited:
The easy way to get started with your setup would be to use an analog receiver if one is available. They are very easy to aim-much like tuning in an antenna in the old days. Your TS is the sat closest to your longitude.

My pansat3500 isn't the best to use then for setup.Any name brand to look for

My pansat worked on my 31in. but this dish seems to be more difficult

I would try cband first since that LNB is known for poorer KU performance. The cband side is considered very good from what I have read. Certainly, you can use the Pansat, it is just very easy to aim a dish with cband analog. There is much room for error. G16 TP 17 H is a good analog station to shoot for as is 16V on the same bird. I just moved and had to setup my 6 footer and used those tps. Try running your zip code through one of the computer programs (name escapes me) that gives the pointing direction for a compass. With a little practice it becomes pretty easy to find sats (especially analog)-you just need to know the elevation at that point. I mark it on the dish once I find them. the birds nearer your true south will be easier than ones at the ends of the arc.

Good Luck!

Uniden ULTRA C-Band/Big Dish Satellite Receiver Can you tell me if this is analog or not.

Attachments

• uniden.JPG
    uniden.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
How would i use it to find or set up my dish.No manual with it any ideas

I don't have that receiver, so I'm not familier with it. But, I'm sure someone on here is, and hopefully they will read this thread and help you with it. Not sure which type lnb's or lnbf's you are using, but this receiver could be used to power the HH180 motor (I think) you have. It could be used to control the polarity from a polarotor (servo motor) if you are using one with lnb's. If you are using lnbf's (I think you are), you can slave this receiver from your DVB receiver, to watch analog with. Although there isn't a lot of analog out there anymore. There are plenty out there to use and find signal with. You can look at lyngsat for analog channels on C-band to use to find satellites. You may not find any ku-band analog listed on lyngsat, they are mostly backhauls/wildfeeds.
Hopefully, someone can help you with the receiver itself? Good Luck!

Al

You may find a little help with the receiver here:
http://www.satellitehelp.com/unidenlist_index.asp

can anybody tell me were i can dnload a manual for a uniden personal receiver?Hopefully this analog will help in my setupping the dish.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 164
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)