Which bird am I on (has M-Net, Documentary, Here-TV and a few other Digicipher-2 channels)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I'm trying to resurrect my old C / Ku band hardware. I found a bird that has the following DC-2 channels: Current-TV (Ch 105), M-Net (North America) (Ch 110), Here-TV (Ch 111), Documentary (Ch 112) & Africa (Ch 117). M-Net & Documentary are in the clear. I did a search on Lyngsat, but couldn't find a satellite that had these channels listed. It is around Anik F1. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Documentary DC2 is on 107.3w but scrambled and it's ITC on 121w in DC2. There's a couple of others but they're DVB and circular.

Current in DC2 is on 105w and also on 121w but scrambled on both.

Here tv in DC2 is on 121w, listed as PPV and scrambled.

Africa in DC2 is on 121w but scrambled also.

Get nothing on the others?

Galaxy 23 C-band in one of the two Encompass Digital Media digicipher muxes.

I assume you might be using a 4DTV? Those channel numbers don't match what they are on a commercial receiver that reads the map in that mux, but the channels and their clear or encrypted status match what is in one of those EDM muxes.

Galaxy 23 C-band in one of the two Encompass Digital Media digicipher muxes.

I assume you might be using a 4DTV? Those channel numbers don't match what they are on a commercial receiver that reads the map in that mux, but the channels and their clear or encrypted status match what is in one of those EDM muxes.
Yes, a 4DTV receiver. When Mot pulled the plug on 4DTV I mothballed my DSR921, DSR922 and HDD-200. I tried DirecTV and Dish. Great receivers / DVR's, but terrible customer service and too expensive once the promo deals expired, ditto on cable. I decided to dust off the 4DTV gear and see what was currently available as far as subscription programming (I was with NPS, before they dropped their C-band programming). The DSR922 and its dish seem to be working OK (haven't gotten to the DSR921 yet). Not sure where to go from here.

Documentary DC2 is on 107.3w but scrambled and it's ITC on 121w in DC2. There's a couple of others but they're DVB and circular.

Current in DC2 is on 105w and also on 121w but scrambled on both.

Here tv in DC2 is on 121w, listed as PPV and scrambled.

Africa in DC2 is on 121w but scrambled also.

Get nothing on the others?
I get an 'Encompass' test pattern 0n 101, 102, & 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts