Which birds can I hit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Then go through the birds one at a time, and check off where you can see clear sky through the straw.
When done, you should have your own private list of visible satellites.

Knowing which way a dish on someone else's house is aimed is far too imprecise to be of much use, in my opinion.
I guess I need to make one of those and try it out. But I will need to figure out how to do the placement height adjustment. The roof of the house is an option for placing a dish if that would open a view that no viable ground position would do. But I don't want to try to get on the roof myself.

One other option: my brother lives across the street and has a much clearer view to the west despite being downhill from me. But he has a terrible OTA view and I have a decent one (being up high and no high trees to the NE). So I was thinking about what we might do to trade signals if I can find a fiber optic modulator suitable for the frequencies coming out of the LNB.

Knowing which way a dish on someone else's house is aimed is far too imprecise to be of much use, in my opinion.

True, even within my 9' x 5.5' satellite dish farm area, the LOS is different from one part of it to the next. There's an offending pecan tree branch that grew into my LOS for 30w and 43w.

I got a pole saw as part of my birthday present :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts