Which Dish for 129 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi Minor
Interesting you are having such good luck with the 500. I might have to try that with one of my spare 500s.

Today was a hard work day. I dug a hole mixed cement and put up my second 4" pole next to the other one. Boy I'm feeling it now.

I might experiment with the 500 and keep scrounging for a larger dish (I love to scrounge) Seems like I used to see those big primestar dishes everywhere, that is until I want one. Anyway it keeps me off the streets and keeps the cobwebs out of my brain

Mr. Mueller,

I used to use a very old (and small) RCA DirecTV dish for the 148 sat position and was a little down on signal strength. I scrounged the Dish 500 dish and bought the I bracket and the larger dish made a noticable difference. It came in really handy when I was searching for the 61.5 sat position when the Voom HD package came about. That was a heckuva challenge at my house. I was able to pick up signal actually aiming through the trees. When the 129 sat position came online, it was a much easier signal.

I've been tempted to find a Dish 1000 "W" bracket and graft it onto my old DirecTV Para Todos dish and use it instead of a Dish 1000. From the looks of a Dish 1000, the Para Todos dish appears to be a little larger surface area which sounds helpful picking up the 129 sat position up in the northwest, based on the posts.

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)