Which Dish for 129 ?

Hi Minor
Interesting you are having such good luck with the 500. I might have to try that with one of my spare 500s.

Today was a hard work day. I dug a hole mixed cement and put up my second 4" pole next to the other one. Boy I'm feeling it now.

I might experiment with the 500 and keep scrounging for a larger dish (I love to scrounge) Seems like I used to see those big primestar dishes everywhere, that is until I want one. Anyway it keeps me off the streets and keeps the cobwebs out of my brain

Mr. Mueller,

I used to use a very old (and small) RCA DirecTV dish for the 148 sat position and was a little down on signal strength. I scrounged the Dish 500 dish and bought the I bracket and the larger dish made a noticable difference. It came in really handy when I was searching for the 61.5 sat position when the Voom HD package came about. That was a heckuva challenge at my house. I was able to pick up signal actually aiming through the trees. When the 129 sat position came online, it was a much easier signal.

I've been tempted to find a Dish 1000 "W" bracket and graft it onto my old DirecTV Para Todos dish and use it instead of a Dish 1000. From the looks of a Dish 1000, the Para Todos dish appears to be a little larger surface area which sounds helpful picking up the 129 sat position up in the northwest, based on the posts.

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts