Which Dish For A 111 Receiver

69sixpackbee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So. Cal.
Hi, folks!

I am looking to buy a 111 for my RV from DishStore.net (because of it's size primarily) and am wondering which dish it is compatible with? Currently, at home, I have TurboHD (set up as Dish 500 according to the setup menu) and have 110, 119 & 129 on the western arc dish. I have just a chincy SD set in my camper and that is good enough for "roughing" it. That being said, what setup do I need for the 111 receiver?

Thanx!

You need a dish 500 pointing at 110/119. Also, the 211k is about the same size as the 111. I'm unsure of the reliability of the old 111 but I've not encountered many probs with the 211k. Seems solid. May want to consider it instead.

111 Should be compatible with any DISH dish. Your existing dish should work exactly as it has in the past. The 111 is just the same functionally as your existing receiver,it is newer and lacks the A/V outputs and a power and channel changing buttons

A DishPro (DP) receiver should be compatable with any satellite dish. 111 is a DishPro model. All receivers with three digits in their model number will be DishPro. All receivers iwth four digits in their model number will be Legacy. Legacy receivers are only compatable with legacy dishes unless you have a DishPro adapter. Soon, the legacy receivers will be phased out anyways along with 301's since they do not have 8PSK tuner to allow for channel compression to fit more channels on a transpodner of a satellite.

Thanx !
Looks like the 111 is the way to go. I just want a small receiver for my camper since I really don't watch a whole lot of TV. I do have an HDTV in it but I really don't want to go through the hassle of taking out my 722 from the house just to watch a few hours of the tube in the camper and then reconnecting it when I get home. There is alot of meaning of the phrase "set it and forget it" for me anyway.

I'll just get the 111 and pay the extra seven-bucks a month.

:D

if you have a HDTV you might want to get a 311 instead. It is a little bigger but has a/v outputs to go to the HDTV...but then the 211 is about the same size ;)

Umm, I said the 211k, not the 211. It is HD and about the same size as the 111, maybe a tad bigger.

This is true. The 111 is about the same size, heck maybe even smaller than the 111. The 111 was the smallest SD receiver ever produced. The first 211 is larger and silver in color. The latest is the 211K which is much smaller and black in color. Also, with a 211, you can add an external hard drive to it and make it a DVR for a one time fee of $40 and avoid the $6 monthly DVR fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)