Which Dish should I use?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

workjohnout

Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
Poconos
I am relatively new to this FTA thing but I have a lot of general satellite experience. I have been reading a lot and I'm narrowing down my dish selection. Let me also say that I will be using a Pansat 2500A receiver.

I have the following 3 dishes:
1. Primestar Dish
2. Round 30" with FSS LNB Noise:0.6dB Input:11.7-12.2ghz
3. Hughes Eliptical dish with FSS LNB. Similar to Primestar dish, only not as tall.

I need to know which will be my best bet to get the most FTA channels.
I have to say that aesthetics wise I would choose the Hughes first, Primestar second and the 30" last. I have a feeling that the opposite will work best.

Thanks in advance.

Hi workjohnout, welcome to the forums :)
The Primestar dishes have a good following for FTA although I've never used one.
The 30" dish will work for most FTA programming, as always - the bigger the better.

If possible you should go for a 15meter dish ;)

WOW...that was quick...
Did you mean 1.5m or really 15m? My roof isn't 15 meters! LOL

I already have the 3 dishes mentioned...not looking to spend money on something else if I don't have to.

Thanks

Oh, you're all good to go if you already have the dishes :)

Best thing to do is try the 30" first, then the Primestar, see which you get the best signal from.
Heck, put both up (or 20 dishes like Iceberg has done) - There's always room for just one more dish.

15 meter - that's where it's at!

The Hughes one is a DirecPC...what dimentions is it?
I use one of these and it works pretty good (mine is 39x23")
I also use a 30" and a 36"...both work fine :)

All of those you have will work fine...but the 30" will allow you to swap LNB's pretty easy

John,
Putting up multiple dishs will allow you to view more satellites without a motor, and also makes for fast channel changes because you dont have to wait for a motor to move the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)