which dish ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wkw

Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
north fa
i have (2) hd20-600 with 18 in dish . thinking about going to hd with on local .will i need 3or5inb slimline or go with swm will a3inb pick up the new satellite ?my zip is 32321 can the swm be install use the receiver meter ? i know directv will install free

Only if your situation makes if difficult to run two lines to the DVR?
You do have a DVR, right?
Exactly what models do you have? The HD20-600 doesn't exist.
You may have the H20-600 (non-DVR) or is it the HR20-700 (DVR)?

Tallahassee SD appears to come from 119W, so you'll get an Slimline5 of some sort.

As you're already a customer, the likelihood of a SWiM install is not very high.

BTW, the two letter abbreviation for Florida is FL.

you can do with a SWM or without. it does NOT have to be SWM to pick up HD. if you already got the single cable.. which SWM requires as well.. if had you a HR which is a DVR.. then swm would be more realistic bc it eliminates the second line but that single line acts as a 2 line cable.

if your recievers are H20s... just go with the standard SlimLine 3 LNB install. do without the SWM. every install i get with H2Xs.. and no HD DVRs.. i do with SL3s... if i got HDDVR install, i will do SWM..

you will def need a SL 3 or a 5 depends on your location to pick up Locals. here we use SL3 as standard install.. if you want Jade World or foreign channels that i can do without installing a 95 dish... i can use the SL5 which in my area picks up hong kong channels.

Zip 32321 is in Liberty County which is the Panama City DMA. There are no DirecTV locals either HD or SD available in that particular DMA. That means the SL3 is probably the dish to choose if you want HD, if Panama City ever gets locals they will almost certainly be from either the 99 or 103 slot which means the SL3 is enough.
If you want the ethnic package, or the Hope channel, they are from 119 which means you would need the SL5.
If DirecTV does the dish upgrade, it will almost certainly not be SWM because policy is not to use SWM on upgrades. If you are buying the dish yourself I strongly recommend you get a dish with an SWM LNB as "future protection". Prices for complete SL3 SWM setups from ebay suppliers are at good prices. Although you don't have DVRs right now, you might get them in the future and if you ever decide to go to MRV (multi-room viewing) you will need SWM to use DirecTV's new technology. The H20s won't work with MRV however since they don't have ethernet connections.

ok i will go with 3lnb swm . can you use the meter on h-20 to set the dish? thanks all for help

Status
Please reply by conversation.