Which dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Hi All,
REALLY green on Directv stuff (current Dnet subscriber). I want to buy my Dad a Directtv system for his birthday (big nfl fan) but don't know what dish I need to put up. I plan to buy a standalone receiver off ebay or something because I hate leasing stuff. His TV is not HD compatable so I just need a dish that will get him his locals and all the other stuff without the HD. What dish do I need to buy?

Thanks!
J.

Not knowing where he is located or where his LIL originates from; an 18" may work; BUT a PhaseIII is the current multi-LNB dish, but I would get the AT9 5 LNB dish now and be prepared for the future. FYI any HD receivers will work with non-HDTVs via the s-video out. Just another way to be ready for any HDTV upgrade he might do later, while still under contract.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies and my Dad lives in a suburb of Detroit (Grosse Pointe). So I could get away with a single lnb 18" dish and get all the channels including Sunday ticket?

Sunday Ticket will allmost surley come in but... The locals may or may not.. Call a local install/sales company and let them provide all of the equipment FREE OF CHARGE as well as help keep them in buisness.....

He has already established he is in Detroit and their SD LIL is on 101.0°w. He also has already stated he want to own his hardware. So his self purchase on the run of the mill 18" setup will work.

Cruzmisl: Depending on how used (old) you want to go; see if you can find a good Sony SAT-A4

EXAMPLE ONLY: http://www.2000networks.com/used_receivers/used_sony_sat-a4.html

If you are looking for a newer interactive SD model then ignore the above.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)