Which do you like? Amazon, Hulu, Netflix etc...

Nothing unusual about a provider having some stuff free & charging for other stuff. Cabelcos & Satcos operate that way.

I'd rather have the option of paying extra than not being able to get it at all.

This is the way I see it. One reason I like Amazon better.

We're setup w/ Netflix and Hulu Plus along w/ the occasional VUDU purchase. Can't go wrong w/ the price. Whatever airs on Network TV (except for CBS) is on Hulu the next morning at 5am. However, unlike last year, Hulu Plus only seems to be carrier the last 5 episodes rather than the entire season.

Netflix is a breeze to use...what you see, you get. Netflix's GUI is nice and real easy to use.

The bonus w/ Netflix, Hulu etc is the portability.... PC, Tablet, Roku, gaming consols, smart phones... properly setup and your brining your entertainment where ever you go (vacation, cottage, in-laws, prison)

Cheers, K

You pay for convenience. A lot of the current season is out there if you are willing to wait a week, and to add paths to connect your computer to the TV. Fox and USA network stream all their stuff. Other networks also. HULU (not plus) also has some of the recent stuff in SD if you can connect the computer.

Mostly, we use Netflix and Amazon though.

Ive given serious thoughts to getting a second decently powered desktop to connect to my tv full time. Ive got a bluetooth keyboard with trackpad that I use when I move my laptop to it from time to time. With the apps for the networks available on windows 8, pay tv is becoming more and more somthing that I have to talk myself into. Like you said, I am paying for convenience, but the other way is quickly catching up.

The only other thing that concerns me is the net going out, and being stuck with nothing. I have redundancy now with sat and the net.

The only other thing that concerns me is the net going out, and being stuck with nothing. I have redundancy now with sat and the net.

I still have OTA, and since the transition, there is a lot to watch there. There is also that big stack of BluRays I haven't watched yet.

Kraven, I like that Hulu has most of the network stuff next day. Not a bad idea there. Two shows I've got to find, Sister Wives and Duck Dynasty. At $2.99 or 3.99 an episode it would be expensive in a months time though.

Ads don't bother me too bad if they're short...not the 3 or 4 minute variety on the networks. I remember when cable etc...started way back when lots of stuff was supposed to be ad free...nowadays nothing much is ad free anywhere.

Ads don't bother me too bad if they're short...not the 3 or 4 minute variety on the networks. I remember when cable etc...started way back when lots of stuff was supposed to be ad free...nowadays nothing much is ad free anywhere.

Ads don't bother me if,I get the content for free.If I'm paying a subscription it really pains me to have to deal with ads.Thank heavens for dvrs!As to streaming I tried the free hulu plus trial,I was like pay $7.99 a month and still have to see ads?No way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)