Which FTA channel is your wife's favorite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tede

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Toronto Canada
In order to keep my wife happy, i had to set up an 80cm dish on
AMC 21 so she could watch her favorite channel "Create" when ever
she wants and i can do other things with the rest of my dishes but
now she is also interested in the "LWN" network on Galaxy 16,
giving me a little less time on my 10foot Winegard, but as long as she is
happy, i'm happy.

Tede

well weather and my aching body permitting :)

Since I live in MN from November until April (at the worst) I'm limited due to that 4 letter word....SNOW!!

3 years ago I was up on the roof in December and January to tweak the dish.....2 years ago I was on the roof to shovel off the tons of snow we got

yes I do but 2 years ago (I thought it was 3...it was only 2) when we'd get snow that winter it was 16-18 inches at a time (that was the year the Metrodome roof collapsed) plus the dish farm I had set up the roof rake had issues getting around the cables and hitting the big dish (when it was on that table)

So me and the neighbor would shovel off our roofs that winter...to prevent them from collapsing ;)

I don't have a wife but my mom loves the patient channel on ses-2 at 87w she loves the medical shows they have on their channel. she also likes anything thats not sports, WWII stuff and the list goes on from there.

dan rose

None
Nothing
Hates the yard art

Wife and kids watch the PBS channels.

tede said:
In order to keep my wife happy, i had to set up an 80cm dish on
AMC 21 so she could watch her favorite channel "Create" when ever
she wants and i can do other things with the rest of my dishes but
now she is also interested in the "LWN" network on Galaxy 16,
giving me a little less time on my 10foot Winegard, but as long as she is
happy, i'm happy.

Tede

Same here. We get CREATE OTA on 9.2 but the picture quality on 125W is noticeably better. I'm using the MicroHD. Two of them actually.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My Wife reads all the time and could give a crap less about any TV. She's got a Kindell Fire and therefore an endless supply of books and movies so I get to play with both my systems ad nauseam. She will occasionally watch Leno with me or maybe Two and a Half Men on Fox OTA but that's about it. In fact, she doesn't even know how to turn the satellite systems on much less get to something she would want to watch. Works for me!

My wife doesn't like any of the FTA channels I get. She would prefer to have the ID Channel. I could sub to that ch on HITS via SRL via the 922, but if I did that, my BUD would be stuck in limbo at 105W. And besides, that's not an FTA ch anyway. If she wants to watch tv, then she's just going to have to settle for what I watch. And that usually consists of this channel for 20 seconds, that channel for 20 seconds, those 20 channels for about 10 seconds..so on and so on. And once I've made it from the extreme eastern part of the arc to the extreme western part of the arc, it's then time to start heading back to the extreme eastern part of the arc again. Oddly enough, my wife watches very little tv with me. Can't figure out why tho, with all these free channels and all. But there are a few shows at times, where I actually watch from beginning to end, such as The King of Queens, believe it or not.

TV Azteca feed on 93W and Telemundo on 87W.
My microHD is about to arrive, so I hope to get the CW channels on C band and get the PBS channels and some other ones, that will give her (and myself) more options.

LPB HD and Montana PBS. Every Saturday night my wife and I watch the British sitcoms followed by Doc Martin, Mr. Bean and Red Green.

I may have to give this a try tomorrow night, since I do like Mr. Bean and the Red Green Show. Any particular time these are on? I'm on central time myself. And I'm assuming you're meaning 125W KU, right? I don't watch PBS a whole lot, but it seems I've also seen a few PBS feeds on CBand..maybe 103W? But probably not the channels that would have these British comedies on Saturday nights tho.

Lone Gunman said:
My Wife reads all the time and could give a crap less about any TV. She's got a Kindell Fire and therefore an endless supply of books and movies so I get to play with both my systems ad nauseam. She will occasionally watch Leno with me or maybe Two and a Half Men on Fox OTA but that's about it. In fact, she doesn't even know how to turn the satellite systems on much less get to something she would want to watch. Works for me!

SameOh, SameOh....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts