Which Genie model am I likely to get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zenmaster

Original poster
May 15, 2013
LA county California
I signed up online last week and am having a Genie and 2 mini's installed on Thursday. I am in Los Angeles County California. Am I likely to get the new HR44 or will I probably get the HR34? I know none of you are mind readers but I don't know if the HR44 is even released in my area yet. I do not follow these things too closely but I see a lot of talk on these forums about the 2 models.

Having never used a genie (TiVo user for years) should I even care if I get the HR34 instead of the HR44? Perhaps I should not Google the differences and live in blissful ignorance if I get the HR34.

There are some reports of sluggishness and other quirks. The HR44 will likely have a few issues, too. It is a better unit than the 34.

I'm not sure that all areas have it yet but if I had to GUESS, you'll probably get the HR44. Seems like that's what they are rolling out with now, with most new installs. A friend just got an upgrade, he had the HR24. It was for a Genie upgrade and they told him that there was no way to guarantee which model he would get... Well, he ended up getting the HR44. Doesn't mean you will, as it probably depends on your area but I have a feeling you'll get the HR44. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think you will. I would prefer the HR44 over the HR34 as I've had both. The HR44 is a nicer, smaller and faster unit in my opinion. Let me know after the install which one you get!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR44 Genie available in Cleveland, OH area.......

dinged dish..problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)