Which hardware (dish/LNB, etc.) for new service is needed?

FireFighterHill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Groveland Florida
I'm getting new service on Thursday and I want to avoid any problems. So I want to make sure they give me all the correct hardware. I will be going with a Hopper and 2 joeys with the everything programming. Hopper in the living room and the 2 joeys in the bedrooms. My question is what hardware should the tech be installing so that I get what Im paying for as far as programming and functionality. I don't want to find out later im not getting certain channels because he installed the wrong dish, or certain features wont work because he left out a crucial piece of hardware during the install.

The dish that you get depends on what locals you get. Based on your location, it looks like you get Orlando locals, right? If so, either the 1000.2 Western Arc dish which shows the 110, 119, and 129 orbitals, the 1000.4 Eastern arc dish which gives you the 61.5, 72.7 and 77 orbitals, or the 1000.2 Eastern Arc which gives 61.5 and 72.7 only. (77 is only needed if you subscribe to latino programing or if your locals are there, in this they aren't.) Either one of those 3 setups will work fine. Most of the time, the installer always brings the right equipment. As long as the installer is not dumb and doesn't do some weird mixed setup like 119, 110, and 61.5 (which they shouldn't be doing anymore), then you really shouldn't be worried about it. As far as wiring goes, the installers should definitely how to install the hopper correctly by now and they should always have the right cables they need. Again nothing really to worry about there either.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnall&sub=true&market=Orlando, FL

Orlando is a Dual Arc location so basically any of the 1000.x dishes will work. For 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys you will need a Solo Node and a splitter.

Yes im in the Orlando area my zip code is 34736. Ill just be sure to ask that they install a Dish 1000.2 western arc. I dont need latino programming. Is a HIC or wireless networking adapter included in the installation or do I have to pay extra? And the only other needed parts is a solo node, a splitter for the Joeys, RG-6 coax for the cable runs, and 75-ohm terminators for any unused ports, correct? The solo node must be grounded, right?

Grounding doesn't matter IMO but the Dish installers are technically required to ground. HIC will only be used if your Hopper doesn't have a direct Ethernet or the ability to use the wireless adapter. I guess you can ask Dish about your options as far as the wireless adapter/HIC are concerned. PM DIRT.

The tech will determine what means of connectivity to install when he is on site, and this will be provided at no cost. If you have a preference of what you want installed, talk to the tech when he is there. He should also ground the system for you.

Well I probably don't need a hic but I do want a wireless adapter as I have enough cables snaking through my living room for the surround sound. One reason I upgrade to a xbox360 slim is because of the wifi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts