One for my friend who wants

HD to get Fashion TV on 97 W
OTA tuner ATSC
PVR
Blind scan
SATA hard drive interface.

Me I don't need SATA interface.

Thanks

Pansat 9200 HD is the only one that I know of that meets those requirements.
AZbox has no ATSC tuner.
Openbox has no SATA interface nor a ATSC tuner.
Old Coolsat 8100's don't blindscan, and don't have SATA interface.
:)

Pansat 9200 would probably be the only option with those parameters but last I checked Fashion HD is scrambled

It's not even there anymore.

So what, if anything, would I have to give up to get 4:2:2.
What would lower the price the most to get 4:2:2 ?

Thanks

the azbox is really the only 4:2:2 receiver out there but there is no ASTC tuner in it and the hard drive addon is USB, not Esata

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I think the AZBOX HD Premium Plus can handle an internal SATA drive. Still not ATSC tuner, though.
I have a Premium Plus coming this week and I'll know then, for sure .
:)

I have a 1 Tb sata drive in my ultra... works well except the highest data rate HD feeds.
The 4:2:2 is worth it if you are C-band capable. I am happy with mine even though I have had a few quirks that were easy to fix with help from this forum.
-C.

Take a look at fashiontv | FTV.com - FTV HD Channel, near the middle of the page. Right next to each otherm a D**h and 805 banner. Screenshot attached for posterity(if that happens)
But then again, if you follow the link, they say it is encrypted, and requires a card and sub.

Attachments

• FTV.jpg
    FTV.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
The Pansat 9200 HD has an awesome ATSC tuner. I have yet to find one hotter in any device.

I had a Pansat 9200HD and they have huge issues with overheating and locking up. the atsc tuner in the pansat is good but the unit for fta is so bad i'll never own a pansat again in my lifetime.
If you're new to FTA or less technically inlcined then a simpler receiver might be in order.
I bought an AZBOx. It does have some problems but no one has made a perfect FTA receiver anywhere in the world yet. ATSC tuner for AZBOX does exist. sounds like there are issues with current firmware however as mentioned in this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/224375-atsc-qam-tuner-azbox-premium-plus.html Also go to Opensat's AZBOX homepage here Set Top Boxes, Media Center: High Definition | AZBOX or here Set Top Boxes, Media Center: High Definition | AZBOX for some info. My az has an internal SATA drive which works better than the external USB drives. Some people have reported issues (both here and on AZBOX forums) with recordings when using a USB drive.

Last edited:
I would buy an Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver. My next choice would be an Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver. :) I bet you can tell I really like owning an Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver. In fact, if my wife told me either my Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver goes or she goes I would say "goodbye" it's been fun. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)