"Which HDnet Movies movies have you seen? Would you like to post your review of them?

The Terminator - 4 Stars: Like Top Gun, my type of movie... Arnold, Linda Hamilton, Paul Winfield and several other good actors. This movie started the franchise, It's been awhile since I watched this movie and I watched Terminator 4 on HD DVD not that long ago...The special effects are dated, but work. I have the dvd but this version blows it out of the water PQ wise...

I watched Fay Grim last night on the HDNet Movies Day+Date release. I give 4 out of 5 stars.

I was not aware of the earlier Henry Fool movie, so the back story of this family dynamic makes me wonder what I missed. This was a fun movie to watch (the acting seemed a little too forced at first) and I was wondering if this was going to be another Bubble. The whole "plans within plans", deceptions, and decoys added layers to this spy thriller that forced you to pay attention. I wasn't too sure what the ending would be, but it was the right ending for the movie.

Afterwards, Wolonsky was talking to the writer/director, Hal Hartley, and Hartley was saying Fay Grim could be his Empire Strikes Back in terms of establishing these characters as a franchise that people will want to follow. I don't know if that's going to happen as most people don't relate to kooky movies that make you stay awake and pay attention unless things are blowing up all over the place (not to say nothing blows up in this movie;)).

I checked around and it isn't being shown in my area (only one theater in Chicago) so the only chance to see this may be to rent it on DVD when it comes out next week.

Three Stooges. I was expecting this to be one of the originals or something similar. Instead it was a complete bust. There was no amusement in watching it. I cut it off by the end of the first 15-30 minutes. 0.5 stars in my book.

Flash Gordon. This one is another one. I watched before and it was kind of cool but watching it now it just looks silly and bad plot and bad acting. 0.5 stars in my book.

Dances with Wolves (Director’s Cut) *****
Kevin Costner at his best with Mary McDonnell and
Graham Greene, long movie but good and OAR...
Dances with Wolves (Director’s Cut) – Saturday, March 7th at 5:00pm
Starring Kevin Costner, Mary McDonnell, Graham Greene. Directed by Kevin Costner
Academy Award winner for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Score, Best Writing, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Sound
Academy Award nominations for Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Best Actor: Kevin Costner, Best Supporting Actor: Graham Greene, Best Supporting Actress: Mary McDonnell and Best Costume Design
Golden Globe Award winner for Best Motion Picture – Drama, Best Motion Picture Director and Best Screenplay
Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Original Score, Best Performance by an Actor in an Motion Picture: Kevin Costner and Best Performance by an Actress in a supporting role: Mary McDonnell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts