"Which HDnet Movies movies have you seen? Would you like to post your review of them?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Support Your Local Sheriff - 4.5 stars: Only thing I'd change about this movie would be to make it longer. All your usual western themes going on here, but all done with a wink and a gleam in the eye. Adds up to a funny funny movie that's just solid entertainment from start to finish. Great cast.

The Seventh Sign - 3.5 stars: Pretty creepy. I usually enjoy religious thriller type films and think this one was done pretty well. And I do like me a young Demi Moore. The surround sound was very good.

Summer of '42 - 4 stars: I love coming-of-age flicks -- and this is a great one. Well-written, believeable characters that you find yourself actually caring about. It'd been many years since I'd seen this movie -- I liked it then, I like it even more now.

Dancing At The Harvest Moon - 1 star: Ew. Terrible title -- and that's probably the best thing about this schmaltz-fest. It's awful. It's about as well-done as a Hallmark commercial, with just as much depth to the characters. I more or less gave up on it -- I kept it on, but stopped paying attention.

10 Things I Hate About You - 3 stars: Just another cheesy teen romance flick. But I LOVE cheesy teen romance flicks! And this one has Julia Stiles. And Heath Ledger, before he becomes a gay cowboy, is a pretty good high school bad boy. It's a fun movie, if predictable -- and hey, it's based on Shakespeare, so it's like, art. Or something.

WarGames - 2.5 stars: ZOMG!! We're all gonna die!!! Or...not. What we have here is the classic '80's theme of man vs. computer set against a backdrop of the threat total nuclear destruction. Throw in Dabney Coleman, Ally Sheedy, and Ferris Bueller, and you get a watchable movie. Predictable, but watchable. And very, very high-tech. You can tell because there are lots of blinking lights and stuff.

Running On Empty - 4 stars: The scene with everyone dancing around the kitchen to "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor is one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever. The other thing I love most about this movie is Martha Plimpton -- man, did I have a crush on her after seeing this movie as a teenager. Really, the whole thing just grabs me and moves me. Judd Hirsch and Christine Lahti and River Phoenix are all playing very interesting characters, and playing them very well. It's been, what, twenty years? I'm still waiting for a sequel.

Tap - 2.5 stars: If nothing else, crank up the ol' surround sound and listen to the opening scenes with Gregory Hines tap dancing in his jail cell. Then come back in a couple hours to listen to the wacky sound effects during his final tap routine. In between? Well, there's some really good stuff... and some really bad stuff. Oh, you should also try to catch the "Challenge!" scene with Sammy Davis, Jr. and all the other old dudes showing off their fancy tap moves. That's really good stuff.

Go - 2 stars: Pretty stupid movie, but I gotta admit that it actually held my interest. It's one of those movies with four or five different plots going on all sorta tied together. But they're all pretty dumb. It does have a decent cast of second-level "stars" though - Katie Holmes, Sarah Polley, Jay Mohr, buncha folks like that. Watchable, but not good.

Dick - 3.5 stars: Just plain fun. Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams are very good, not to mention cute, as teenagers who become "Deep Throat" - the source for the Woodward and Bernstein stories that exposed the Watergate scandal. This is funny stuff, with some very good performances from a very good cast. And it's littered with puns on the title -- which turns out to be a good thing.

Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room - 3.5 stars: Really good documentary. It entertains, and informs, and pisses me off. What more can you ask for from a documentary?

For Keeps? - 1 star: Pretty bad. Molly Ringwald plays a high school girl who gets pregnant. And then the families act like the world's gonna end, and the actors portray their characters with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Nuanced, it ain't. It's a chore to watch. I'm not sure which is worse - when it tries to be funny, or when it tries to be hard-hitting. Neither works.

Run Lola Run - 4 stars: This is one bad ass movie. Creatively filmed, thumpin' soundtrack, butterfly-effect-type time-space continuum deal. Oh, and Franke Potente, running. A lot. I bought the DVD years ago and still enjoyed seeing it in HD -- even better. Sure, some of it could go -- I could do without her high-pitched screaming thing -- but overall I dig it. Never seem to get sick of it.

City Slickers - 4 stars. Just a great movie; loaded with hilarious moments. One of Billy Crystal's best efforts. Add in Jack Palance and a great cast and its one of the funniest movies of the early 1990s. And a great HD transfer.

Back to the Future - 4.5 stars. Another great film; this one from the mid-1980s; one of the best, if not the best, of Michael J. Fox's career. Nobody beats Marty McFly and Doc Brown. Plus the Delorean, and one of my favorites of the mid-80s, Lea Thompson. HdNet and UHD have both shown it in HD, and its PQ is excellent. Just pure fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)