Which HDTV input do I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Harris

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
I have a Pioneer Elite high definition TV. When I bought it I purchased the DTC-100 RCA High Def. Receiver. The only output for High def. on the back of the DTC-100 is the 15 pin RGB and that has always had a good High Def. picture. I recently replaced the receiver with a Sony SAT-HD300 and it has the 15-pin output as well as the 25 pin DVI-HDTV output and component cables. I would like to use the 25 pin DVI output but the back of my TV only has connections for the 15 pin and conponent inputs. Should I use the 15-pin as I always have or use component input? I wonder if there is a diffence in picture quality of the two and I wonder if there's a way to convert the back of the tv to accept the new 25 pin DVI-HDTV input from the Sony? I would appreciate any help on this. I am totally confused now. Are all 3 of them going to have the same picture quality anyway?
Thanks in advance
Bill

I am no expert but if the TV is a Rear Projection TV you may not experience any noticeable difference between the DVI and the other two if you had the means to connect it. I think that the 15 pin RGB connection isn't true HD anyway, I don't think it is capable of 1080 lines of horizontal resolution. I would reccommend going with the component cables since you will be able to take full advantage of the 1080 line of resolution being broadcast.

I appreciate that. I will hook it up component then.
Thank you,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)