Which Joey's are compatible with HWS?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
looking to add an additional Joey and possible upgrade the existing wireless joey.
Presently have the wireless joey connected to HWS and would like to replace it with the wireless Joey 4
and add an additional wireless Joey to another tv.
Is that possible?

great, I thought that I read that the Joey 4 only worked with H3 & Hopper +
If purchased yourself, you should be able to get the Joey 4 series working on your current HWS. If you call Dish to get the upgrade however, you will be told to also “upgrade” your HWS with a Hopper+ module, which can always be unplugged from the HWS if necessary.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I will say that you will have trouble convincing DISH to give you a Joey 3 or Joey 4 if you ony have an HWS>

Reactions: charlesrshell
I haven't seen anyplace where you can buy one

It looks like solid signal is selling the Joey4 for $132.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fact! They absolutely will NOT give you a Joey 4 without a Hopper + and AFAIK, I haven't seen anyplace where you can buy one
Not true. On Tuesday I spoke to a Dish retention rep about my programming package. While we were working out a new agreement I also asked about swapping my (3) Joey 3's for Joey 4's. The Tech just left a few hours ago. I now have my original H3, no H+, and (3) Joey 4's. However I don't know if I can recommend the upgrade (see here: Joey 4 with Hopper3 (without Hopper+) - real experience ).

A bit deceptive as the Joey 4 is not a receiver, it is a terminal that must be connected to a Hopper or the Hopper+.
You'll have to ague that one with Dish:

"In addition to Hopper Plus, the next-generation system includes two new Joey receivers, a wired and wireless Joey 4. The Joey 4 devices extend the Hopper Plus capabilities and deliver 4K HDR video to any room in the house.

Reactions: HipKat
And to ma
You'll have to ague that one with Dish:

"In addition to Hopper Plus, the next-generation system includes two new Joey receivers, a wired and wireless Joey 4. The Joey 4 devices extend the Hopper Plus capabilities and deliver 4K HDR video to any room in the house.

To make it more confusing, you dont need a Hopper Plus to have Joey 4's with your HWS. Adding a Hopper Plus to your HWS takes away some features from the Hopper and until they restore those features the Hopper Plus to me is a downgrade. (But I do like the Joey 4's.)