which ku dish?

Another piece of advice I have to make is don't throw anything out. EVER!
I just bought a 1m dish off eBay last week because I tossed out the two 1m Winegard dishes I had until last year, but hadn't ever used them. Now I'm buying a Chinese eBay dish (for someone else) because the real deal dishes are way too expensive or like SatAV, they don't ship 1.2m dishes to Canada.

Completely agree. Before I got into Ku FTA I removed an old Wild Blue dish from the roof for my landlord. It had a nice sturdy mount and support arms to resist the wind. I could have used that mount for my first FTA dish but didn't even think about it. Damn!

Have them ship via UPS to Bellingham, WA. Mark hold for pick up. Drive down and pick up yourself. You may save $ and will get a good big dish. 1.2m fits inside an SUV.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

I appreciate the thought, but I'm on the island and it would take a full day and hundreds of dollars and ferry rides to get it. When I lived in Victoria, I could walk on the Coho ferry from Vic to Port Angeles, walk to the UPS store to pick up auto parts and walk back just in time for the ride back. Now I'm 5 hours from that ferry.

How's this for a 1.2 meter dish? Ka system at work. Notice the heat trace around the feed, and heated dish.

Attachments

• 20190713_161228.jpg
    20190713_161228.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 20190713_160927.jpg
    20190713_160927.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 176

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)